cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do You Need The Outdoor Package ?

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
If I take my Wally from the house and already have the Windgard Pathway 2. Do I need the outdoor Package from Dish? Or can I just use my Everywhere 250 that I have now.
7 REPLIES 7

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If there's no one home while you're off snowbirding, why would you care if the locals at home are lost when you change DMA's?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Dupe

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
1ed wrote:
Finally able to get a person at Dish and there is no charge for the outdoor package. However, there is a $7.00 per month charge for the Wally.

I am confused. You pay for your Wally receiver in the house. When you take it out of the house and put it in your RV, you have to pay an additional $7. Why? It is the same 'authorized' receiver. Maybe e they misunderstood you and thought you were adding a receiver.

DFord got it right.
DFord wrote:
I was told by Dish support this spring that I couldn't different channels on my receivers. While snowbirding and requesting local channels for my updated service address, the receiver at my house that I left behind would stop receiving the local channels there. As long as that was the situation, I wouldn't be able to use the MyDish app to update my service address but I could use it to reauthorize my receivers without calling them. Dish Outdoors is intended for full timers. The agent said there was a lot of thought about other options but for now, that was the way it was.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by Dish support this spring that I couldn't different channels on my receivers. While snowbirding and requesting local channels for my updated service address, the receiver at my house that I left behind would stop receiving the local channels there. As long as that was the situation, I wouldn't be able to use the MyDish app to update my service address but I could use it to reauthorize my receivers without calling them. Dish Outdoors is intended for full timers. The agent said there was a lot of thought about other options but for now, that was the way it was.

To Dish Network's credit, for the past couple of years, I've talked to agents without any accents that made it hard to communicate. Up until the past couple of years that had not been the case despite repeated requests in prior years.

That's a huge advantage over AT&T support which all seems to be located in southeast Asia. When calling for repair of U-Verse service at my church on Sunday, they refused to switch me to an agent stateside despite my complaining I wanted them to because I couldn't understand them. We were never able to communicate and the service remained down until Friday when a tech showed up to replace the modem. I decided during that 3 hour call I'd never have anything to do with AT&T again. Because they own Direct TV, I'll have nothing to do with them either. Why would anyone put themselves at the mercy of AT&T's failed system of customer support?
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
One advantage of the "Outdoors" designation is that you may be able to use the MyDish app to change locals as you move around with just a few taps.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been back and forth between the 2 satellite service providers over the last couple of decades and am currently subscribed to Dish network. We have always just used receivers from home up until 2 years ago when we switched to Dish again. Unlike Directv that prefers to lease their receivers, Dish does sell their receivers and we picked up a couple of Vip units for our rig which eliminates the hassle of bringing them back and forth from house to RV. They were just added to the existing account, I pay no heed to their Outdoor service offerings, we just use that web page on our smartphone to refresh our receiver after setting up our HD sat dish on our adjustable tripod.

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Finally able to get a person at Dish and there is no charge for the outdoor package. However, there is a $7.00 per month charge for the Wally.