Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Roadside Assistance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Roadside Assistance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for info about the best "backup" roadside assistance plan, (just in case it is needed) I have "AAA" Auto/House/RV Plus now, and must keep it all in order get the good rates I have on the Auto & House, and the RV Plus cost is only $30 a year with the total package.

Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

some where I read that AAA is only good in your home state, don,t no if thats a fact or not. coach net has been good to us ,and you can understand the person on the phone,never could understand why they have people on the phone who don,t speak english. used three times with great service each time.

viajante

Plumas Lake, CA, (near Yuba City) USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

some where I read that AAA is only good in your home state, don,t no if thats a fact or not. coach net has been good to us ,and you can understand the person on the phone,never could understand why they have people on the phone who don,t speak english. used three times with great service each time.

Coach Net is very good, however, they have raised their rates for new customers to astronomical heights. I tried Good Sam for one year then switched to FMCA roadside rescue.

Dave & Brenda
Shadow (Sheltie), and Zoe (Shih Tzu)Faithful Companions
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35L

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been very satisfied with Good Sam towing insurance.

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/19 09:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FMCA Roadside Assistance - $74/year.

Membership in FMCA = $60/year includes repatriation of your RV and occupants and you or your remains at no extra charge. You couldn't buy this kind of coverage by itself for that kind of money on your own.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

ArchHoagland

Clovis, CA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 09:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

AAA is good in all the states, not just your home state.

AAA has taken good care of us all over the country so I wouldn't be paying for any other coverage from another company.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 03:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When choosing a RA program you have to, I believe, look into whats covered and how. Example how far will they tow your unit, where will they tow your unit to. To me those are the important ones, I think there is a big difference between AAA and GS FMCA over those points. Check it out that way.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

FMCA Roadside Assistance - $74/year.

Membership in FMCA = $60/year includes repatriation of your RV and occupants and you or your remains at no extra charge. You couldn't buy this kind of coverage by itself for that kind of money on your own.

X2

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

haste maker wrote:

Looking for info about the best "backup" roadside assistance plan, (just in case it is needed) I have "AAA" Auto/House/RV Plus now, and must keep it all in order get the good rates I have on the Auto & House, and the RV Plus cost is only $30 a year with the total package.

Not sure if you have AAA and "must keep" AAA why you would looking at anything else. AAA likely has the largest towing system in the US and $30/year is very cheap.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Lt46

Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Massachusetts, my AAA Plus only covered cars. I inquired about RV's and was told Mass. AAA does not have any RV coverage. I went with Coach-Net. I've since moved and that may have changed, worth checking into before any travel.

Peter & Dawn
97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW
F53/460 w/ tag axle
96 Prowler 27X SOLD
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Roadside Assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS