* 3 eggs, beaten
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg white
* 2 1/2 cups scalded milk
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Mix together eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir well. Slowly blend in the scalded milk one cup at a time.
3. Line pie pan with pastry, and brush inside bottom and sides of shell with egg white to help prevent a soggy crust. Pour custard mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack.
Karl & Bobbi
1994 Coachman Leprechaun Class C
2 B 1 ASK 1
Retired/DAV
Passport America Member R-0310475
Good Sams Club Member
KE3NF Advance Class Ham Radio Operator
Conway, SC. USA
8 REPLIES 8

JasseJackson
Explorer
Explorer
Good recipe thank you!
I want to recommend one interesting salad recipe - Mustard green salad
Really tasty!

JaneSiver
Explorer
Explorer
I recently tried lemon curd ice cream, which was amazing! This is not lemon ice cream' as the curd really smoothes the harsh lemon notes. But you need an ice cream maker for that, check review here https://sweeticecreamlove.com

booo193
Explorer
Explorer
I can recommend a lot of good recipes - Pie Recipes
Try)

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
This looks like a variation of the classic "pantry pie". Meaning nearly every house wife had the ingredients in the pantry and fridge to make it. Also called Chess Pie, buttermilk pie, vinegar pie. I have a similar recipe for chess pie and love it. When ever I go back east I'm eating Chess Pie, custard pie, buttermilk pie somewhere for sure!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

jt301
Explorer
Explorer
Hope my wife makes this for me.

Kebamo
Explorer
Explorer
And easy to make too
Karl & Bobbi
1994 Coachman Leprechaun Class C
2 B 1 ASK 1
Retired/DAV
Passport America Member R-0310475
Good Sams Club Member
KE3NF Advance Class Ham Radio Operator
Conway, SC. USA

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now we are talking.
When I went to school at the Univ of Wasington. I was in the center of the pie eating Universe. Pie shops were all over the place. There was a place in Olympia that usually had 40 types of fresh pie all the time. They had flavors like sour cream rasin and tangerine boomerang. It was an hour drive to get there but it was worth it.
I like to make cobblers and cakes in a Dutch Oven. A pie is a great idea.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
That sounds really good.