Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Dogs
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

18 months training, one bark someones here & now it's up up you.

[image]
[image]
[image]

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

irishtom29

Round about

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DarkSkySeeker wrote:

Sadly, even in the woods, one has to be worried about boundaries and theft. I lock my rig when leaving even for a little while.

Well, there used to be a time when in the woods you had to worry about someone taking your hair.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/19 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's what I like about my Labradoodle he is a very quiet loving playfull dog.
His sister is a Schnauzer and will let you know if someone is comming but will quiet right down.

[image]

[image]

He loves his sister

[image]

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

seaeagle2

seattle

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/19 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just like dogs, kids, generators, headers with cat back exhaust systems, "mine is fine, its those other peoples that are the problem...."

2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've also noticed how many people must always have dogs with them. It was especially annoying a couple years ago on Goat Island at the Falls. It seemed that everyone had a dog - sometimes 2. It was hard to stand at the overlooks without getting dogs and leashes tangled around our legs.

Do dogs enjoy attractions like the Falls? Don't want them to miss out on the scenery. [emoticon]

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

dhull

apple valley

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dogs must enjoy new scenery because my buddy ran back to get his poodle from the car so it could see a barge going down the river. The dog had never seen one before!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/19 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seaeagle2 wrote:

Just like dogs, kids, generators, headers with cat back exhaust systems, "mine is fine, its those other peoples that are the problem...."

As they say ,no bad dogs, just bad owners.

We go to the same RV park every summer here in Montana, and a lot of the same people every year we have become friends with. A couple from New Mexico we have known now for several years, and are friends with ,finally left their two dogs home . What a nice surprise [emoticon] One is a yellow Lab the other a little yipper. Two very unruly dogs. The lab they leash to the picnic table, and she drags it across the lawn , finally leashed it to their toy hauler . They bark all the time, ya nice not to see those two dogs.

It seems every year more ,and more dogs in the park here, and some with two or three.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most national parks do not allow dogs on the trails. Many do not allow dogs to be left alone in the campgrounds. I like both rules and would like to see them in use everywhere.

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DarkSkySeeker wrote:

I love dogs. We had dogs as kids. These were loving family pets. As an adult, I also had my own dogs.

While camping last week, I was surprised by the presence of dogs and their impact on the campground. We were are Merrill Campground at Eagle Lake.

Dogs like to protect their space, their owners, and the way they do that is go out to the full extent of their leash and bark.

What surprised me was the 2-3 (or more) dogs per campsite, and the constant barking followed by the owners "barking" at their dogs to hush them.

Merrill Campground is in the Lassen National Forest. Perhaps since most of my other camping experiences are in far less developed areas, I was just in for a little surprise with the pets.

Well, Gee Whiz!

Whoopee - or negative whoopee!

You'll be dog gone (hopefully)..[emoticon]

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/20/19 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

Most national parks do not allow dogs on the trails. Many do not allow dogs to be left alone in the campgrounds. I like both rules and would like to see them in use everywhere.

I think there is a good mix right now. I like to be able to walk trails with my dogs. I also get that not everone does. So I pick and choose my campgrounds accordingly - I don't think it's unreasonable for others to do so.

National forests allow dogs on the trails. So do most COE, BOR, and BLM campgrounds. Those are the places I go with my dogs. California state parks and National parks do not. So I leave those for the folks who prefer not to see my dogs on the trails.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.