cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window that leaks, replace or repair?

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
My window above the kitchen sink leaks. I pulled the window and resealed it to the RV thinking it was that area that was leaking. Next camping trip out it rained one day and we have water comming in again. the weap holes appear to be open and fine. I blew air through them when I had the window out. It leaves a brown stain everywhere the water runs. I believe the window itself is leaking and I will need to get it replaced or resealed. Any recomendations? I live in Oregon.
3 REPLIES 3

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Best place in the nation to take your window problems: https://www.motionwindows.com/
Address:
6005 NE 121st Ave
Vancouver WA 98682
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
It is also possible that there is a leak in the ROOF above where the window is......and it is running down the inside of the wall.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I rarely post anymore but may be able to help so here goes.
Buddy had a new RV with a window that kept leaking. Like yours, nothing was obvious so we removed it and found the leak.
The aluminum frame is an exruded piece that's formed to fit. Where the two ends come together there will be some goop to seal it. If there's a pin hole, bubble or you can see any of the end of the aluminum, it will leak there.
All his needed was a dot of sealant to cover a tiny hole, which we could have done without even removing it.
So just look for where the two ends come together.