cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Beacon Truck Wash

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Normally, I am the type that washes my travel trailer myself, but thought what the heck, let's save an hour and see if these guys can do a good job. For my next trip there is a Blue Beacon along the route, thinking about giving it a try. Anyone else used one before?
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch
13 REPLIES 13

sprint99
Explorer
Explorer
We use Blue Beacon for our Class C after long trips, though if we had one closer to our home I'd probably use them quite often. Of the times we've stopped for a wash they've done a good job and I was quite pleased with the results. Agree on above posters comments on the RainX option too, as we've done both with or without. With the RainX is worth the additional cost and rig is easier to clean/keep clean.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We are fortunate to live a few miles from a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. I always washed our Class C myself, but decided to try Blue Beacon to save time. I had them wash it and then use the RainX protectant. The Motorhome came a lot cleaner than I could have gotten it and the RainX protectant made cleaning it the next few times myself a lot easier.

The supervisor walked me around the Motorhome asking if there was anything to be careful washing. I told him to be careful around the fridge vent, hot water heater and the furnace exhaust. After they washed it (6 guys with pressure washers), the supervisor walked me around it again to check their work.

That is the only Blue Beacon I have used (Brunswick, GA, just off I-95 exit 29), but I would not hesitate to use them again. Our current 40' TT with 4 slides takes me half a day to clean, so Blue Beacon would be a welcome alternative if there was one near our seasonal site.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Missouri locations seem to be cheaper.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
neil57 wrote:
As sidecar flip said, streaking beacon is their name, they will use the acid to remove bugs or heavy dirt, and it will etch your paint. Could always tell trucks washed there a lot as the paint was dull.

They use the brightener on aluminum wheels & tanks not paint although there maybe over spray. I was a class 8 owner/operator and RV'er. As he said just ask for no acid and pick a time when there is not a lineup to wash, they do a decent job.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
neil57 wrote:
As sidecar flip said, streaking beacon is their name, they will use the acid to remove bugs or heavy dirt, and it will etch your paint. Could always tell trucks washed there a lot as the paint was dull.

Think that has more to do with the water based paint truck builders are using today and no clearcoat on a truck than anything else. With most RV's the color is in the skin, not painted on and in the case of a MoHo, the paint is clearcoated.

I've gotten good and bad wash jobs on my big truck before. Think my 2 favorite Beacons are Stoney Ridge, Ohio Turnpike at exit 5 on I 280 and Burns Harbor on I94. Both are 2 bay Beacons so it's quicker. The crews at Burns Harbor, really hump.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
are the pressure washers, soap, etc. enemies of clear coat? been wondering if it would be safe for our MH. also don't want to unnecessarily delay the OTR truckers...after all, they are at work.

Have had my Suncruiser washed there many times ( same as your old Suncruiser) and haven't had any problems. Closest one is in Rochelle.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

neil57
Explorer
Explorer
2009 2500HD Sierra CC DA
2014 Crossroads Cruiser 35ss

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
We frequent Blue Beacon often. Generally they do a great job and we are happy they are out there. In the last 10 years only 1 bad wash experience. They just did a poor job. We got a refund and a $20 coupon towards our next wash.
2010 Suncruiser

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have used a few .. I've always been happy..
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Whatever you do, just make sure they don't apply 'brightener' to anything, just wash. Brightener is muratic acid (which takes the oxidation off aluminum) and could be detrimental to the finish on your RV.

Nice to know. I will keep that in mind.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
we have used blue beacon etc many times. the one that is most convenient for us is in central AZ, on I 10, near the I 8 junction. they will wash your toad, too...or not, according to your choice.

Not for free....

We (truckers) call it the 'Streak'in Beacon'.

Whatever you do, just make sure they don't apply 'brightener' to anything, just wash. Brightener is muratic acid (which takes the oxidation off aluminum) and could be detrimental to the finish on your RV.

Some Beacons are excellent, some not so good. Timing is everything. If they are real busy (like say after a rainstorm when the sun comes back out and they are backed up), then they do a quick job that may not be to your satisfaction (and they will rewash but you have to do the line again). Best time is late at night or over a holiday when the truck traffic is marginal. Few trucks on the road equals few trucks at the Beacon equals a better job and little wait in line.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
are the pressure washers, soap, etc. enemies of clear coat? been wondering if it would be safe for our MH. also don't want to unnecessarily delay the OTR truckers...after all, they are at work.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
we have used blue beacon etc many times. the one that is most convenient for us is in central AZ, on I 10, near the I 8 junction. they will wash your toad, too...or not, according to your choice.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.