cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camp ground cable into

mccoydetlef
Explorer
Explorer
ok can i convert incoming cable to HDMI my tv does not have a coxial input any help thanks and who has it OK my mistake it does have one but it was smashed up and then fell out it is a smart TV
1998 BETTY BOOP AMERICAN TRADITION
17 REPLIES 17

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Walmart delivered right to you in a couple days. ROKU Express is $25.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
a coax to hdmi converter is a good answer, so is repair the Socket and saving the best for last, buy a new TV.

Personally I would replace the female F connector. If you don't have the tools and skill to make the soldered connection, I guess by the converter.

Remember it is going to take 120VAC to operate and a means of turning it on and off.

I bought one on ebay very cheap and ran a 40' cable to the bedroom so we only needed one DVD player. Everything but the converter was 12VDC so I had to use my inverter.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Analog TV. get an old VCR from a thrift shop for 10 bucks and use the 3-cable (A/V) input

Digital as I said I have a converter that does it in fact I have a spare I can not use... Kind of a long story on that. But you can get those off E-bay or Amazon for less than I would have to give the post office.

Or a DVR. I THink TiVo makes a stand alone over the air DVR yet can be used for ATSC over the air or QAM or NTSC cable.. Will auto detect format and record it and then ship it out via either A/V or HDMI to your display device. I do not have TiVo? (I have other hardware no longer made) but this has the advantage of that movie or TV show on at 3AM you would like to watch. though not at 3AM or that show that is showing while you are out and about at 3PM (or 7pm with your darling at supper) RECORDED for later playback when nothing interesting is on.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
My solution costs $70 and there are cheaper options available. If you don't want to have to swap everything out you might want to go the route of buying a cheap TV tuner.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree with the majority of posts. Time to upgrade. Take measurements and head to Wally World or you favorite TV store. Find one that is almost the same dimensions, there's so many to choose from, you'll find one that'll fit. It'll be pretty cheap too. If you're dead set on your current TV, take it apart and solder in a new connector. For a few bucks you'll be back in business. I'm not even gonna ask how your connector got smashed. :E......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
You can buy a brand new 32" TV for less then $100.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
People are missing the point here. The OP has a TV with a broken F-connector. Therefore he can not receive an RF signal. There are many devices that can receive digital broadcast TV and connect to an HDMI port on the TV. A few of them will also receive digital clear QAM (unencrypted) cable. Some RV parks are distributing analog cable, so the OP would need a tuner that can also receive analog and output it through an HDMI cable. There aren't many devices that will also receive analog.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
mccoydetlef wrote:
OK my mistake id did have one its a smart TV and looked around for some reason it was smashed up and broke off now what any answers
You can probably buy a new TV for what it will cost you to get the components to convert coax cable to HDMI. The biggest problem might be finding a set small enough to fit your space. A couple of hundred bucks will buy you a 40 incher today. It's upgrade time!!

mccoydetlef
Explorer
Explorer
OK my mistake id did have one its a smart TV and looked around for some reason it was smashed up and broke off now what any answers
1998 BETTY BOOP AMERICAN TRADITION

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
austinjenna wrote:
I have never seen a TV without a coax cable hookup, a monitor yes but never on a TV. Strange.

I have. way back in the 60's and 70s they used to make 'em with 300 Ohm Balanced (Flat lead) inputs instead of 75Ohm Unbalanced (Coax) input.

And then there are Computer Monitors

Yes you can convert from Coax to HDMI several devices on the internet will do it. You can also go to other video formats as well.

Just GOOGLE.. I have two digital to analog converters that let my older Analog only DVR's record modern digital (They use direct Video/audio input Red White and Yellow coded cables) I also have an ATSC to HDMI converter I do not think the one I have does QAM (Digital cable) but it might.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe the OP is using a monitor instead of a television. That's the only thing that would not have a coax input. If that's the case he would need to buy a TV tuner adapter and connect that to the TV via HDMI.
Something like this:
TV Tuner
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I have never seen a TV without a coax cable hookup, a monitor yes but never on a TV. Strange.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
You will need a tuner of some type with an HDMI output. The tuner will need to be QAM and ATSC compatible to be able to use it on Cable systems and OTA antennas.
This is fine for digital, but it is likely that an analog tuner will also be needed. There are plenty of digital tuners available, but not very many analog ones.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
You TV did not come with a built in tuner?