cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires again

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to order new tires this morning for my 5er. Called simple tire because I had settled on the sailun S637 G rated. Simple tire would only guarantee a DOT date within the last four years,I'm sure the tires would be a lot newer than the four years but I didn't want to have to send them back. I was looking forward to trying the Sailun, well maybe next time.

Couldn't live with that so I purchased the Goodyear G614 G rated like I have now with a DOT date of 2819. About $100 per tire more but I know Goodyear will stand behind their products. The Discount tire guy called several suppliers B4 he found a set that were less than a year old. Hats off to them for the effort.

Three of my old tires were 6 years old and the other was nearly seven. I have so many wires and hydraulic hoses under the fender wells I was afraid to push it any further.

Well all I started out to say is the DOT date on tires is very important since we usually replace our tires because of age rather than wear need to be aware.

I was fortunate to find a salesman that was willing to look around to find what I wanted.

Soooooo many words. Happy camping.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition
4 REPLIES 4

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
It was only after I started reading much on RV.net, that I ever worried about when my tires were made. And of course the only tires I've had blow out were just a couple years old.

I like newer tires, now that I know they have a date. But, personally, I think too much is made of it.
I agree with you. Its not like they were sitting out in the sun waiting to be sold. The only blowouts I have had were with 3 yr old Nexens.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
It was only after I started reading much on RV.net, that I ever worried about when my tires were made. And of course the only tires I've had blow out were just a couple years old.

I like newer tires, now that I know they have a date. But, personally, I think too much is made of it.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good call!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I always buy tires with the brand and date of the tires within a reasonable time frame and it has worked great for us. Having to buy tires out of town changes the story. You did great.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110