Halifax –KOA
Martins River – Rayport
Baddeck - Bras D'Or Lakes Campground
Prince Edward Island – Twin Shores
Shediac- Ocean Surf

Thanks in Advance
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
9 REPLIES 9

HollardawgUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
Great responses!! Thank you for all of your input. Lots of great information.

I have heard from friends that the Maritime Provinces are as good, or even better, than than our previous 2 trips to Alaska. They must be really be awesome.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Best times to go, are in July and August. We left Nova Scotia to return home the third week of August. About a week and a half later, a hurricane came up the east coast, and made a heck of a blow out there. I wouldn't want to be there when a hurricane blows in. If you are in a small enough rig, the National Parks are nice. If you have a large motorhome, there are many nice private parks. A toad is recommended for visiting places. Some of the roads into the attractions are quite narrow for rvs, with little parking when you get there. Camping on the Bay of Fundy is desirable so you can get the full effect of the changing tides. They are the highest in the world. The tide changes from high to low every six hours.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
HollardawgUSMC wrote:
Any advice about traveling in the Canadian Maritimes? Such as places to visit, places to stay, or not. Best time of the year to be there.

Any advice will be appreciated.

New Brunswick. Saint Johns reversing rapids, Hopewell Rocks, Fundy National Park, Alma. Bay of Fundy in general. Nova Scotia. Tidal Bore at Truro and South Maitland. Halls Harbour, Digby, Burntcoat Head, anywhere on the Minas Basin for high tides, Peggys Cove, Lunenburg, Mahone Bay, Halifax, Cape Breton, Cabet Trail, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Meatcove. PEI. Charlettown, Cavindish Beach, Green Gables, several Nps. I have traveled from Ontario four times, and have been to most of the tourist type stuff at least twice for each thing. I love the east coast. I will return again. The high tides on the Bay of Fundy, and in particular anywhere on the Minas Basin. The tides in the basin average 35 to 45 ft on any given day. Here is one video of the Skyline Trail in Cape Breton NP. If you click on my name, it will take you to my YouTube Channel. I have videos of almost every place we went last summer. We spent two months down there, including three weeks in NFLD. Cheers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMrBDe_f_s

Flyboy320
Explorer
Explorer
May I suggest you look on the provincial tourism websites and have a look around there. Have the tourism folks send you their tourism books for you to read.
Explore what interests you. RV Parks info & things to do, etc are in those books.

HollardawgUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
Any advice about traveling in the Canadian Maritimes? Such as places to visit, places to stay, or not. Best time of the year to be there.

Any advice will be appreciated.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Baddeck Bras D'Or is fine. Halifax KOA is a bit tight...sites are small and close together.

All I look for in a campground is good water, electric and sewer and overall cleanliness. I seldom use cg facilities because I don't spend much time in the cg. Too busy touring.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Twin Shores in PEI is a great park. Just got back, was there for the last two weeks. Check out their website for amenities and details..
https://www.twinshores.com/
2010 Suncruiser

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
swphotobug wrote:
Did you check campgroundreviews.com? Watch the closing dates of the cgs, some close early in the fall.

I checked several sources
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check campgroundreviews.com? Watch the closing dates of the cgs, some close early in the fall.