cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my Class A motorhome as a Full Time Residence?

precioustime
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife and I are retired with a 34' Class A MH that we find very comfortable and meets our needs. If after traveling full time for awhile we decide to keep the MH are there rv parks or resorts with full hookups that we can stay for several years and unhook and travel in the rv at our discretion? Should I rent the site or buy it? Who pays for the electricity? Any recommendations for nice safe friendly resorts on the East Coast but above Florida? Not too cold area please!
5 REPLIES 5

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are many parks in the southwest that offer annual rates. You can leave if you want and return later. There is also Escapees parks where you purchase a lot and come and go as you please. We visited a few of them and most are in the south, but all were very nice. Look up the Escapees Club.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I was just in a rv park where talking with the fellow parked across from us has been parked in the same spot for 17 years! He pulls his motorhome out about every other year and goes to visit friends for month or so. His space had grass and was really well kept just like he owned the spot. Only he paid rent and paid like we did for the electric.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, there are RV parks throughout the US with full time options. I suggest that you rent as the cost of ownership is much higher than the price you pay for the lot!
Depending upon what part of the Country you like the prices vary from very cheap to very expensive so you will need to decide if where you want to stay will fit your budget or if you want to relocate. If you do relocate you will also need to change your residency if you plan to spend more than 6 months in that State.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
As said above, you’ll find many options. Many RV parks we’ve been in offer weekly and monthly rates. Typically we have found that monthly rates will not include electric and they’ll have it metered. Just find an area you like and ask around. I would not buy a lot until you are sure it’s in an area you want to visit often.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
There are quite a few parks in SC and Ga that offer long term rentals.
Google the state that interest you with
extended stay rv parks in *****
and you will get some ideas and pricing.