cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC issues

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
OK, this just started acting up, today. Have the dual roof air with a DuoTherm Comfort Control thermostat. The front (zone 1) unit is now wanting to run almost continuously even though the outside temperature is only in the upper 70's. The rear unit (zone 2) works fine. It is set at 74 and comes on, runs for a short time and shuts off. The temp in the back of the coach stays nice and even. The front one runs on and on and the coach gets very cold even though we set thermostat all the way up to 80 - I eventually just shut it off.

Until this morning all was right with the AC but now I don't know if it is an AC issue, a thermostat issue, or something else.

Thoughts?

2004 HR Vacationer 37PCT
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
8 REPLIES 8

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mikemc53 wrote:
Thanks, much! Does the 5 button just pull out by hand, or is there usually some type of disconnect somewhere?

The body of the wall tstat just snaps off its mount. There will be a phone type cable connected to it with a modular release plug. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE CCC TO DO ANY OF THE WORK I AM TALKING ABOUT. The connections are on the Roof top AC unit and control box. Doug

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Doug is spot on as usual. The old one unplugs inside the AC inside the rv on mine. An easy was to tell is just unplug one of the little phone type plugs while the ac is running and it will stop immediately. Of course this is on mine.

I actually poked the little head of the sensor out from under my ac shroud on the opposite side of the intake. I do not have any exits from my AC except the ducted ones. It works great there. Mounting one somewhere would be nearly impossible.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, much! Does the 5 button just pull out by hand, or is there usually some type of disconnect somewhere?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mikemc53 wrote:
Well, it does appear to be the tstat sensor and, yes, it is set up like the older Monacos that you mentioned. Right up front under the TV box and very close to the gigantic heat conducting windshield. I made sure I closed the curtains and it really helped but I will probably put some reflectix behind the curtains. Is there an easy way to move the sensor? The wiring is all hidden and I wouldn't be clear as to where to route things. Maybe a wireless sensor?

Also, it will sense the heat output from the TV, even if you have a LCD TV. Doug

Also, IF the Wall tstat is ON the wall and not in an overhead cabinet, you can disconnect the remote sensor from the AC control board and that will make the 5 button CCC the sensor.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mikemc53 wrote:
Well, it does appear to be the tstat sensor and, yes, it is set up like the older Monacos that you mentioned. Right up front under the TV box and very close to the gigantic heat conducting windshield. I made sure I closed the curtains and it really helped but I will probably put some reflectix behind the curtains. Is there an easy way to move the sensor? The wiring is all hidden and I wouldn't be clear as to where to route things. Maybe a wireless sensor?

NO wireless sensor will work. What you can do is, buy the Dometic remote sensor kit and then install it in the ceiling close to the Front AC unit. It comes with about 20 foot of wire. You just unplug the old sensor from the AC control board and plug in the new sensor. Doug

https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometic-3106486-008-remote-sensor-kit/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsei5yJq_4wIV5...

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Dometic CCC has 2 ways to sense temp on Zone 1
1. The wall tstat is the sensor. make sure the bottom where the bulb sensor is located does not have dust or debris on it
2. The sensor is on a wall like the Rear Zone 2 sensor. When this is installed it renders the tstat inop on sensing temp.
Odds are you have a tstat sensor problem. Respond if you have a wall sensor like the bedroom. Also, Some of the older Monaco built products installed that remote sensor up front by the drivers area and THAT would never be able to sense the true colder area behind the seat. Doug

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Have you moved lately? Those remote thermostats are a real pain. I actually bought a new one and mounted it in a better place. Our original is mounted on an outside wall, near a window, etc and all of the places the factory says not to install it.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008