cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New campground KOA Currituck NC

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was on the Outer Banks of NC yesterday and decided to check out the new KOA in Currituck.
They are advertised as Outer Banks West/KOA Currituck. I heard about them at the Raleigh RV show. Full blown booth all yellowed up and acting like they were open and ready to go.
First of all Currituck is not on the outer banks of NC. A 20 minute boat ride or a 45 minute drive will get you there. barely.
We get there to find a closed gate staring at us.
It also states construction traffic only and next to the gate is a sign identifying it as some other name campground. It's also miles down a road off of 158 almost at the VA line. DW calls the number on the construction sign and is told opening is mid summer of 2020. Very polite and puts us on the email blast list for when they do get open.
In their defense their website has disclaimers about not being open, but the KOA.com site does not have that information.
Puma 30RKSS
4 REPLIES 4

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
IB853347201 wrote:
Just checked the KOA app and it clearly states coming for spring if 2020. In fact it won't take a reservation until next spring. Not sure how you missed this and why your disappointed?

I wasn't disappointed. We were there actually on the Outer Banks in a 8 bedroom beach house with the whole fam damily and just wanted to check it out. Just a ride up the road to see if we ever wanted to stay there. Why would I bother going online when I had already met them and was told to drop by and check them out. I don't like surprises when we get to campgrounds. We always check them out first if they are local enough to do so.
It would be a convenient spot to stay for a VA Beach concert.
Puma 30RKSS

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was cleaning out a desk drawer yesterday and found the 8 page color brochure that this bunch handed us at the show early this year. It's a beautiful brochure that includes a full schedule starting Memorial Day 2019.
Be careful dealing with this bunch. As I stated originally it is not on the Outer Banks, it is in Coinjock NC.
Puma 30RKSS

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
KOA seems to stretch on their name a lot. The Jacksonville (FL) North KOA is actually in Kingsland, GA - a good 30 minutes to downtown Jacksonville. Outer Banks West/KOA Currituck pretty much tells you they are in Currituck.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Just checked the KOA app and it clearly states coming for spring if 2020. In fact it won't take a reservation until next spring. Not sure how you missed this and why your disappointed?
2010 Suncruiser