cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh water system

chast
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all—need some input please. The fresh water tank on our ‘97 Pleasureway will fill when we are connected to city water. I always believed the gravity and the pressurized systems were separate, but, as we have been hooked up to city water via the pressurized connection for the past six weeks, the fresh water tank, which was empty, will gradually fill to overflowing (it spills out the gravity fill opening). Even if I empty the tank via the drain, it will gradually fill again. Any ideas as to what gives and how to fix it? Thanks!
chartrue2@aol.com
7 REPLIES 7

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
I have had to replace my water pump because of leaking valves allowing city water to flow back into the holding tank and leak out the gravity fill.
John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my 'nagagator'! She tells me where to go.
Enjoying our 2006 Roadtrek Adventurs RS

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Beverley&Ken wrote:
They are not separate systems, just separate sources. The threaded city water 'source' connect to your interior water system between the pump (supplied by the gravity filled tank) and your fixtures, including the hot water system.
There is a check valve in the pump that should prevent the tank from filling. Also there is a check valve in the threaded city water connection to prevent water from coming out the side, when the pump and fresh water tank are used.

Either one can go bad, in your case it is probably the one in the pump.

Ken

X2

chast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Beverly and Ken—your input gives me a starting point to look for a solution to the problem. Many thanks!
chartrue2@aol.com

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
They are not separate systems, just separate sources. The threaded city water 'source' connect to your interior water system between the pump (supplied by the gravity filled tank) and your fixtures, including the hot water system.
There is a check valve in the pump that should prevent the tank from filling. Also there is a check valve in the threaded city water connection to prevent water from coming out the side, when the pump and fresh water tank are used.

Either one can go bad, in your case it is probably the one in the pump.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
might be a check valve in the line leaking.

chast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Tom for the suggestion, but this is an older system which has a threaded connection for city water and a gravity fill hole which allows you to fill the tank. To my understanding, they are separate systems.
chartrue2@aol.com

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for a valve either at the water inlet or by the pump that allows the water to fill the tank. Not the same vehicle but mine has a valve at the pump that directs the flow to the tank.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT