Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Water Damage?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Water Damage?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
AutomationIsComing

East Coast

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That does not appear to be water damage from what I can see on the internet. It does look like the wallpaper has warped or been at some point "wet" but it could be a 100 different things. Checking for active moisture is what you need to do and if its dry, hit the camper hard with a hose around that same area outside and see if it changes. If not, its probably just normal wear and tear on a used camper.

morley

British Columbia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/19 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had the same problem in 2 small areas of our wallpaper on the back of a dinette bench and the wall above(both in the slide out). What I did was cut the wallpaper straight down with an exacta knife peeled the loose wall paper back, reapplied some good quality Weldbond glue and replaced the folded wall paper back over the reglued area. It has held perfectly and you have to look very hard to see where the repair was done. The cut back and reglued area almost looks like the natural grain in the wallpaper. I did small areas at a time to accomplish this. The repair has stayed for over 2 years now.
You may want to try a small area on one of your less visible walls to see if this might work for you.
Good Luck.

2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading the thread, I'd say the wrinkled wall paper might be caused from internal condensation from occupants in the camper without adequate ventilation.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Water Damage?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.