Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: They Better Not Screw Us Up
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

 > They Better Not Screw Us Up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/19 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

GordonThree wrote:

or at least the campfire forum?


LOL, then it would get deleted for sure.
Well, you got that right.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/17/19 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ones organizing this, behind the scenes are depending on the illusion, or reality, that our Government would not cause mass casualties, regardless of signs minefields.
Supposedly a large number of people have committed or said they will invade area 51. This would compromise several/many development programs for National Defense/ national Security, which is what the organizers want. Anyone with cell phone taking photos of installations and technologies, would be doing so to compromise to damage our National Security and our National Defense. China and Russia and Iran and others would welcome whatever they would post or even expedite to them.
I hope no one shows up and if some do, are dealt with as required including deadly fire.
We are talking about, after all, our National Security, our home, our Security.The ones organizing this want our destruction, just as those at the ICE facility "protest" and subsequent terrorist attack. IMO

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/17/19 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1995brave wrote:

If you have ever been up by a fence for a military installation the signs state "deadly force authorized" to repel any trespassers. And with all the terrorist activity going on more basses are considering trespassing as a terrorist activity. A recent example happened several months ago in Corpus Christi at the Navel Air Station. A man in a stolen vehicle ran the main gate and was shot and killed before he made it to the other open gate.


Seriously? You're trying to lump trespassing by a bunch of people probably walking across a mile or more of desert with a guy who rammed his car through a security gate? Okay you win, the military is going to open fire the second someone steps across the line, just because they can.


1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/19 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

The ones organizing this, behind the scenes are depending on the illusion, or reality, that our Government would not cause mass casualties, regardless of signs minefields.
Supposedly a large number of people have committed or said they will invade area 51. This would compromise several/many development programs for National Defense/ national Security, which is what the organizers want. Anyone with cell phone taking photos of installations and technologies, would be doing so to compromise to damage our National Security and our National Defense. China and Russia and Iran and others would welcome whatever they would post or even expedite to them.
I hope no one shows up and if some do, are dealt with as required including deadly fire.
We are talking about, after all, our National Security, our home, our Security.The ones organizing this want our destruction, just as those at the ICE facility "protest" and subsequent terrorist attack. IMO
Part of this I agree with, but there is waaaaaaay too much use of the phrase "National Security" and telling people they don't need to know this. Maybe a bit of transparency could be a good thing for some of this stuff.

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/17/19 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I worked on one of those “deadly force authorized” institutions and can tell you that the guns contain live ammunition and are authorized to use it. In fact a couple of the guards committed the final act while on duty. I wouldn’t test them. They do not need approval from higher authority. Standing orders are let them cross the first fence. Kill the intruder when they touch the second fencr.

down home

south

Senior Member

Joined: 06/01/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/17/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

down home wrote:

The ones organizing this, behind the scenes are depending on the illusion, or reality, that our Government would not cause mass casualties, regardless of signs minefields.
Supposedly a large number of people have committed or said they will invade area 51. This would compromise several/many development programs for National Defense/ national Security, which is what the organizers want. Anyone with cell phone taking photos of installations and technologies, would be doing so to compromise to damage our National Security and our National Defense. China and Russia and Iran and others would welcome whatever they would post or even expedite to them.
I hope no one shows up and if some do, are dealt with as required including deadly fire.
We are talking about, after all, our National Security, our home, our Security.The ones organizing this want our destruction, just as those at the ICE facility "protest" and subsequent terrorist attack. IMO
Part of this I agree with, but there is waaaaaaay too much use of the phrase "National Security" and telling people they don't need to know this. Maybe a bit of transparency could be a good thing

for some of this stuff.


Put in the NYT so all they have to do is read it.
China and Russia's hypersonic ballistic and anti ship missiles, they got the much of the info here, as in people selling it to them and Chinese agents at Berkley and UCLA and others. our development of it though put out to pasture by last Administration.
Oh let us see we won't tell, I just ant to know, I'm curious aht you guys are doing is all and your neighbor and his friends at work, and the Chinese Agent working for your Senator and so on???

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/17/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the secrets you don’t have a need to know, the rest you don’t want to know. It is a burden to know and some things keep you up at night years after being in the know. I am sure you will not be inconvenienced by the movement. Sounds like Jack Nicholson in one of his movies but that line is rooted in fact.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/19 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

down home wrote:

The ones organizing this, behind the scenes are depending on the illusion, or reality, that our Government would not cause mass casualties, regardless of signs minefields.
Supposedly a large number of people have committed or said they will invade area 51. This would compromise several/many development programs for National Defense/ national Security, which is what the organizers want. Anyone with cell phone taking photos of installations and technologies, would be doing so to compromise to damage our National Security and our National Defense. China and Russia and Iran and others would welcome whatever they would post or even expedite to them.
I hope no one shows up and if some do, are dealt with as required including deadly fire.
We are talking about, after all, our National Security, our home, our Security.The ones organizing this want our destruction, just as those at the ICE facility "protest" and subsequent terrorist attack. IMO
Part of this I agree with, but there is waaaaaaay too much use of the phrase "National Security" and telling people they don't need to know this. Maybe a bit of transparency could be a good thing

for some of this stuff.


Put in the NYT so all they have to do is read it.
China and Russia's hypersonic ballistic and anti ship missiles, they got the much of the info here, as in people selling it to them and Chinese agents at Berkley and UCLA and others. our development of it though put out to pasture by last Administration.
Oh let us see we won't tell, I just ant to know, I'm curious aht you guys are doing is all and your neighbor and his friends at work, and the Chinese Agent working for your Senator and so on???
Well, if all that's true, then no sense in keeping it a secret from the people who are actually paying for it.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 07/17/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

Most of the secrets you don’t have a need to know, the rest you don’t want to know. It is a burden to know and some things keep you up at night years after being in the know. I am sure you will not be inconvenienced by the movement. Sounds like Jack Nicholson in one of his movies but that line is rooted in fact.
Yeah, I'm sure. "If I told you I'd have to kill you." Blah, blah, blah.

seaeagle2

seattle

Senior Member

Joined: 05/05/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/17/19 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of my facebook friends that lives in Vegas pointed out that they'll just block off the highways miles and miles from Area 51, game over.


2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

 > They Better Not Screw Us Up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS