Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: They Better Not Screw Us Up
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> They Better Not Screw Us Up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/19 10:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is illogical! You are paying for your security our security our Country's security and who knows, you may be, ANTIFA or a Chinese agent. Anyway you don't need to know so it can be spread around or someone sell it to China or Russia or Iran or.....
Your right actually desire, does not trump the needs and security of America, our home and all American Citizens..

* This post was edited 07/18/19 10:55am by an administrator/moderator *

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/19 10:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's all a joke. The guy who created the Facebook page has come forward saying so.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 05:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from General RVing

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey. Let me put it this way
You want to invade area 51.. Ok, Well been nice (or not) knowing you but so long, Cause I'll never hear from you again... The hole you will be in is deep and dark and the odds of your ever escaping are negligable (Basically zero).

But go ahead. Give it a try.. Just be sure to say goodby to your loved ones first.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seaeagle2 wrote:

One of my facebook friends that lives in Vegas pointed out that they'll just block off the highways miles and miles from Area 51, game over.

And that is exactly what I am concerned about. I don't give a hoot what the gubmit does behind their fence. Wife and I just want a selfie with a green plastic alien!

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I googled this - the guy who authored the original post posted it as a joke - because he wanted to get lots of clicks. Although the article stated that the Air force wasn't too happy about it. I'm sure plenty of bozos will show up for it though considering all the conspiracy theories around it. Now I'm off to do the latest (insert silly thing to do) challenge!

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aw c'mon, don't take it to extremes. I'm not saying that everything needs to be out in the open. Yes, some things need to be kept secret, but it's unlikely that everything needs to be kept under wraps. It's just too easy to parrot "National Security" every time you get asked a question about something, when it really isn't, and you just don't want to talk about something embarrassing.

* This post was edited 07/18/19 10:56am by an administrator/moderator *

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seaeagle2 wrote:

One of my facebook friends that lives in Vegas pointed out that they'll just block off the highways miles and miles from Area 51, game over.

LOL! Good point - back to those pasty-skinned, basement-living folks who won't last 1/2 hour in the desert.... "whaaaat? We have to WALK???"

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/19 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the Air Force would "kill a lot citizens" over Area 51 perimeter intrusions, it would most likely mean that indeed there were things in there that they really didn't want the public to find out about. Things probably way more serious - if seen by Joe Blow - than funny shaped flying bodies made in the U.S., laser canons, ultra-low frequency sound guns, high power holographic projectors, microwave beam projectors, etc..

I repeat "... that they really didn't want the public to find out about". So I guess that whether or not one thinks the AF would shoot citizens depends upon what one believes regarding stuff from outside our Solar System. [emoticon]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

seaeagle2 wrote:

And that is exactly what I am concerned about. I don't give a hoot what the gubmit does behind their fence. Wife and I just want a selfie with a green plastic alien!

Possibly a better choice would be Roswell, New Mexico, or Universal Studios, in Hollywood.

They are serious about perimeter security at Area 51. Trespassers may be shot. Survivors will be shot, . . . . . again.

Chum lee

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> They Better Not Screw Us Up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS