cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED light bulbs not working when installed in slideout

VoodoomanRV
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever come across LED light bulbs that didn't work when installed into lights in a slideout? I changed all the other light bulbs in my Bounder, and when I installed them in my slideout none of the bulbs worked in any light whether it in the cab or in the luggage compartments. I thought it to be weird so I bought another brand of LED bulbs and even they didn't work but it is only in the slideout. Regular bulbs work, just not LED. Any info is greatly appreciated!

VoodoomanRV
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
VoodoomanRV wrote:
Thank you all! Most appreciated!

But is there LIGHT when you flip the switch and say LET THERE BE LIGHT?

(Makes you feel godlike when it happens don't you know 🙂 )
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
My suggestion would be to find the 12V feed to the light circuit going into the slide and just reverse the - and + and that should solve the issue. On one rig we had, I had to do that because it was reversed in polarity in the slideout and the item I was installing would not function as wired.
On my present coach, some of the bedroom ceiling lights are of incorrect polarity and some LEDs will not work correctly.
Hope this may help. Happy trails bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

VoodoomanRV
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all! Most appreciated!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
My daughter's popup lights were reversed and she could not get the leds that I gave there working. I explained it to her and she is super happy with her new fixtures.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same here. with old incandescent lamps polarity don't matter
But with LED's Well some are wired to self correct for polarity errors (my favorite 20 buck a pop lamps do that) some (my favorate less than half that) do not and the techs who wire the fixtures for 1141's well. they don't always pay attention .. not to mention some lamps can be reversed as well.

I have some marker lights where it does not matter how you wire the socket but the wedge based lamp only goes in one way the other way it don't light.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
That would be my guess.

Try installing them using a mirror. Might fool them.

There are flat panel leds that allow you to change polarity by flipping the plug.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

VoodoomanRV
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip, I'll check into that!

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like reversed polarity in the slide out wiring.
LEDs must be wired with the correct polarity or they will not work.