cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route from Biggs Junction to Coos Bay

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We will be leaving Post Falls and stopping at Peach Beach RV Park. So the next leg will be from Biggs Junction to Coos Bay. What would be the best recommendation? Towing a 35' Cougar 5th wheel.

Figuring turning at Eugene???

Thank you
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
5 REPLIES 5

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Depends on which roads you prefer. I-84 to Portland, I-205, then I-5 would be the freeway route. Avoids most of the messy bits of Portland, but 205 is very busy as is 84 coming in from Troutdale. Troutdale is the gas place.
Or, head from Biggs to Redmond. That road is very good, though mostly 2-lane. US 20 to Eugene is a good road also, but obviously twistier through the Cascades. Madras is a good gas place on this route.

Would be afraid the Biggs to Redmond would add too much time. Highway 97 is our normal route between Post Falls and trip to california...The Biggs Junction to Coos Bay is probably close to 9 hours and is a bit farther that I like to go in a day but it is what it is...
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
ramyankee wrote:
CA Traveler wrote:
126 from Eugene is a good route but don't go through downtown. Take the 569 Beltline. BTW Diesel at Freddies on the north side of Florence is $2.99, use the inside lane furthest from 101. Plus points for future fuel discounts.

I have the 8.1 but will check that out for gas...

Thanks

Looks like 569 Beltline circles from I-5 to 126/11th ave.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on which roads you prefer. I-84 to Portland, I-205, then I-5 would be the freeway route. Avoids most of the messy bits of Portland, but 205 is very busy as is 84 coming in from Troutdale. Troutdale is the gas place.
Or, head from Biggs to Redmond. That road is very good, though mostly 2-lane. US 20 to Eugene is a good road also, but obviously twistier through the Cascades. Madras is a good gas place on this route.

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
126 from Eugene is a good route but don't go through downtown. Take the 569 Beltline. BTW Diesel at Freddies on the north side of Florence is $2.99, use the inside lane furthest from 101. Plus points for future fuel discounts.

I have the 8.1 but will check that out for gas...

Thanks
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob