cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hehr window replacement for an older Roadtrek

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had to replace a Hehr window on an older Roadtrek? One of the windows on our 1996 Versatile was damaged and cannot be repaired. I'm having trouble finding a replacement, and am asking for help in trying to locate a source for these windows, either in Canada or the U.S. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)
11 REPLIES 11

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a marine part.... there are some windows like that in boats.
john 'I am Canadian'

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced my Hehr window operator. I think I got it from Lippert, but there are some on ebay. If that is what you need make sure you get the right one.

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Boondocker. I did contact Pelland who told me that they require the part number. They said that the window needs to be removed in order to view the part number!! I had given them dimensions. I'd rather not remove the window and then possibly (probably) be told that they don't have it. Their on-line listing didn't include a window of our dimensions. But thanks anyway for taking the time to write.
Jerry & Susie

The_Boondocker
Explorer
Explorer
Try Pelland Enterprises or something like that Its where I got my parts from
  • 1990 Ford E250 Coachmen camper 7.3 IDI diesel
  • 4X4
  • Intel-Power ULTRA III Convertor/Charger
  • 2025 TriMetric Battery Monitor
  • LED Interior Lights
  • 9500 Lb Superwinch and bumper
  • Honda 2000i
  • GPL-31T AGM Lifeline battery
  • Hypermax turbo and 3 1/2 exhaust
  • Isspro EV2

VE3ESN
    Explorer
    Explorer
    omjones wrote:
    maybe make one from LEXAN.
    john 'I am Canadian'

Thanks John. It's the original "crank" mechanism that was damaged, but fortunately not the glass. So what we have now is a fixed window that can't be opened, but at least it doesn't leak. Roadtrek changed window suppliers years ago, and the original company (Hehr) is apparently out of business although 'some' spare parts are still available. (Not what we need, though). C'est la vie!!
    Jerry & Susie

VE3ESN
    Explorer
    Explorer
    thriftydutch wrote:
    Checkout Bontrager's Surplus in White Pigeon Michigan.

Thanks Thrifty Dutch. I sent an e-mail request to them, describing what I need, and they never replied. I sent another message, and still no reply. I'm assuming they don't have what I need. But thanks for the tip!
    Jerry & Susie

omjones
    Explorer
    Explorer
    maybe make one from LEXAN.
    john 'I am Canadian'

thriftydutch
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Checkout Bontrager's Surplus in White Pigeon Michigan.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

VE3ESN
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Thanks to nypatnva and Sukiesmom for your replies. I checked ebay, and no windows of the required size are listed. ๐Ÿ˜ž I saw the video as mentioned in the 2nd reply, but Roadtrek had switched to a different window manufacturer (C.R. Laurence) than what they used earlier (Hehr). ๐Ÿ˜ž But I do appreciate your help!
    Jerry & Susie

Sukiesmom
    Explorer
    Explorer
    I don't know if this is helpful but it happened recently to our 2014 RT CS and we had a tough time getting a replacement. Here's the link to the conversation on FB. https://www.facebook.com/groups/roadtreking/search/?query=hehr&epa=SEARCH_BOX

nypatnva
    Explorer
    Explorer
    Ebay
    2016 dodge ram
    champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)