cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C With Overall Length of 27' Or Less

brinson
Explorer
Explorer
A few questions please. What are the better quality single slide class c's with length around 27'? Also, do any have king beds? Looking for something to pull a bassboat. Would a E450 be prefered?
4 REPLIES 4

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Do a little internet research on a Phoenix Cruiser. Every one will fall short with your "king bed" request except for models 2551 and 2552 when getting the optional motorized twin bed bridge to get you a really really big bed.

Google:
Phoenix Cruiser 2700
Phoenix Cruiser 2551
Phoenix Cruiser 2552

There are numerous other floor plans, both current and discontinued.

A bass boat is nothing for any length E450. As mentioned before, you may prefer a front hitch to "face front" down the boat ramp.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
The Coach House Platinum units are excellent, a 27 ft. model would fit your bill very well. They are very high quality and as DrewE pointed out above, cost a little more money but are worth it. May want to check the used market, the factory sells older units that are well worth looking at to save a little money.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you're planning on launching the bass boat with the motorhome, I would suggest getting a front hitch installed for that purpose. The long rear overhang would make for interesting boat launching in many cases (and the imperfect visibility from a motorhome doesn't help any either).

I would prefer an E450 or equivalent, even if not towing the boat.

Edit: The Coach House Platinum 220 is smaller than you're suggesting and has no slide outs, but has two twin beds that can be made into a single king bed in the back. Their Platinum 271XL is about the size you're thinking of and has a single slide out and the two twin beds at the back, but the web site doesn't indicate that they can be made into a king bed; however, it might be possible, and I'd at least give them a call to find out before discounting it entirely. Coach House units are quite good quality...and, of course, priced accordingly.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are quite a few that may fit what you are looking for,none that I know of, will have a King bed,most have a Queen bed.

As for the size you are looking for you might look at ones that are built on a Chevy Chassis they will give you a better ride and more room in the cockpit along with a lot of other perks

They all should all have no problem pulling your Bassboat.
Good luck in your quest for that RV.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C