cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nifty shower shelf

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
We got tired of stuff always falling off the small ledges they put into the showers so I went to Wally World and found this nifty over the door metal shelf unit that holds everything nice and neat while on the road. Since the back of the unit is open I modified an old sheet of Lexan to keep stuff from falling out the back. Simple and it works great.

Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel
6 REPLIES 6

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Do you leave it there as you drive?

We have a similar one and leave it there and everything in it when we drive. Never a problem and very handy. Ours doesn't have that plastic backslash though
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I think the zip ties are holding the Lexan on.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like zip ties holding it in place -- very practical and "minimalist!"

One thought about zip ties, especially in a bathroom area -- after you clip off the excess "tail," take a piece of sandpaper and smooth out the sharp edges that still remain. It'll avoid accidental skin punctures and cuts when you slide your arm over the zip tie when your eyes are closed and you are reaching around for the soap.

Please don't ask how I learned this trick.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Do you leave it there as you drive?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Wally World delivers!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!