cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best pool or campground waterpark in the Northeast?

NHDad
Explorer
Explorer
Need to put something together for an August trip with the kids.
19 REPLIES 19

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Eastern NY.....Lake George and MooseHillock. Sites are H-U-G-E and pool is as well. Full hook ups. We've been to several in the LG area and MH is are fav.

Adirondacks.....Old Forge/Water Safari/Old Forge Camping Resort. Lots of water slides and an area for the wee ones. Campground is nestled in/under the tress. Water and elect (30Amp max) and CG and CANNOT RUN A/C's or water heaters (on elect). Honeywagon svce.

Western NY.....Darien Lake (between Roch and Buffalo) and Sea Breeze (near Rochester)
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tough to imagine many campgrounds having a nicer pool than Moosehillock. Have only been to the one in Lake George, but based on pics, looks great in NH as well. Also very nice size sites

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Wawaloam Campground in Rhode Island. It has been at least 10 years since we've been there, but it was fun. Looks like it is getting mixed reviews now. Another place to consider:

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/rhode-island/west-kingston/wawaloam-campground-2501

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy River
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.lazyriverny.com/ Made a clicky next post
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

NHDad
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
We like Danforth Bay. There's no big pool but it does have a kiddie pool plus two beaches. Like most popular campgrounds getting a reservation at this late date may be close to impossible.

Heading there this weekend, we've been many times.

I have a week in August free, was looking to take off and try something new. Some good ideas in here.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
NHDad wrote:
JoeH wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
NHDad wrote:

How about Moose Hillock, NH?

Mike

R U thinking of Moose Hillock in Lake George, NY ? Yes- huge pool
with lots to do in the CG

There are 2 Moose Hillocks, same owners I believe.

I was thinking the one in NH, still seems to get good reviews. We were there some 20 yrs ago and we had a fantastic time. They have even expanded on their theme pools

Though I'm not 100% sure last I heard owned by same family, but different brothers owns each campground.

At least they are not corporate owned.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We like Danforth Bay. There's no big pool but it does have a kiddie pool plus two beaches. Like most popular campgrounds getting a reservation at this late date may be close to impossible.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

NHDad
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
mdcamping wrote:
NHDad wrote:

Mike

There are 2 Moose Hillocks, same owners I believe.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
mdcamping wrote:
NHDad wrote:

Mike

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Normandy Farms in Foxboro MA has 4 pools. One Indoor, 2 outdoor family, 1 outdoor adults only. Unfortunately, getting a reservation for August would be a c--p shoot at this point in the season.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
NHDad wrote:

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Kids loved it here and here:

https://capecampresort.com/

https://www.danforthbay.com/activities
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Lake George Six Flags,The Great Escape & Hurricane Harbor. Several nice campgrounds, we like Lake George RV resort and Moosehillock. In fact we are meeting family from NH there next weekend. This year we are going a few miles away to Alpine Lakes campground, another nice one we've been to many times.