cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glacier National Park

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for the Best campground that you have been to around Glacier National park on the West side. Need to have full hookups I am looking for sites that gives you at least enough room to be able to open up your awning. Also bathrooms have to be clean Traveling on a 25 foot Travel Trailer Waiting for your great advice.Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
RAS43 wrote:
North American RV Park in West Glacier was nice in 2016. It meets what you are looking for and is a Passport America park so the rates are good.

X2. We stayed there 4 nights last June. It is actually in Coram, MT, about 4-5 miles west of W. Glacier. Clean and well maintained. Convenient to the west entrance.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
if i needed hookups, Mountain Meadows would get my business.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try just outside the Park on the west side.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr wrote:
We stayed at the KOA when we were there in 2014. It's a really nice campground and pretty close to the main entrance of Glacier NP. I'd stay there again.

X2, nice campground.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
North American RV Park in West Glacier was nice in 2016. It meets what you are looking for and is a Passport America park so the rates are good.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the KOA when we were there in 2014. It's a really nice campground and pretty close to the main entrance of Glacier NP. I'd stay there again.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
leesan wrote:
Looking for the Best campground that you have been to around Glacier National park on the West side. Need to have full hookups I am looking for sites that gives you at least enough room to be able to open up your awning. Also bathrooms have to be clean Traveling on a 25 foot Travel Trailer Waiting for your great advice.Thank you

if i needed hookups, Mountain Meadows would get my business. but i don't need them and prefer to stay in the Park, like Apgar campground.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Glacier Campground last summer. Bathrooms & laundry were clean but I think my site was elect and water only. Sites were a bit close together, but there was still enough room. I drove by the KOA and it was nice...but too expensive for my budget.
I'd have absolutely no problem staying at Glacier Campground again and the prices were fairly reasonable.

However, if you want to venture off the FHU campsites, I'd strongly recommend Two Medicines Campground on the east side. They have flush toilets and water spigots thruout the park. It was never hot enough to need AC and really only time I needed power was to shower.

We were at TM for 10 days and it ranks up there as probably our best trip ever.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation