cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood ratings

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
We have an opportunity to purchase a 2015 Fleetwood Discovery with 9,000 miles, price $139,999. Is this brand mechanically as good as a Winnebago, Tiffin or Newmar?

Also, does La Mesa RV accept a lower price (75%) than the discounted price theyโ€™re showing?

Thanks for any help you can give!
11 REPLIES 11

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Had an 07 discovery, 1 slide motor went out during the 6 years I owned it and in areas some of the clear coat was flaking.

Currently an 03 Southwind, no issues, TPO roof is still going strong.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
my leaks started around 8 years and never could control them after wards so good luck my Georgetown never a problem.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a Fleetwood Expedition for 5 years. Never had a roof leak issue, nor ever heard of it. Th were the normal issues ( not a lot) the first year, but it was trouble free after that.

Our next couch in my mind was going going to be a Allegro bus. So last year we started looking. We looked at 2 Tiffins and to say we were really disapointed in the fit and finish would be a understatement. There were paint issues, fit and finish and broken items we noticed. The door rail going up the stairs inside the coach came apart when I grabbed it to go up the stairs.

Looked at Winnebago too and wasn't impressed. We ended up going into the coach we have now a Discovery LXE 44H - with a tag axle. It was a instant hit. And the fit and finish was perfect. It sits on the same frame as the American Coach line. Had a few problems that have been fixed over the year, nothing major.

Saved a lot of money over the Tiffin. And no roof leaks. No regrets

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 and it is certainly one of the best in the price range. The Tiffin Red would be the equivalent and is about the same if not a bit more chincy. The Winnie is nice but I am not sure if they have a comparable coach in the segment and you certainly will not find a Newmar in that range....I like the Phaeton and it is comparable. I am not sure I would buy a Fleetwood again.......I am not a huge fan of the support (or lack there of) that we got with out coach. The 2015 will have a nice 8.9L ISC and is a very nice coach for $139K.....and from what I see on the 15s and newer, Fleetwood Discovery is a very nice coach. You would be getting a lot for your money.

WW
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fleetwood Expedition and so far I like it a lot. I have had some small issues that I have fixed but it is a 2005 so it is going to have some issues no matter what brand. The wood work is not high end but better than the TT's I have owned. It has a Freightliner chassis with a Cat C7 and Allison 3000. The slide mechanisms could be better they are rack and pinion with electric motors I would have preferred hydraulic operated slides the large slide struggles to move in and out.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

dsteinman
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Discovery bought new. Fiberglass roof, no leaks. Only a couple of things like the wood trim around the slides falling off and the heater duct in the bathroom was kinked.

The fuel gauge sometimes doesn't work, but that wouldn't be a Fleetwood problem.

The Newmar Ventana would be the equivalent and if I found one at the same price, I would probably prefer it.

David
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
That year should have been built on the "Power Bridge" platform, very solid and well handling. The roof should not lead if you keep it up and off the pavement, just like any other manufacturer's. The design is as good, or better than the others, the actual execution may not have been as expected, just like others' MHs. You are the one that must inspect it and make the decision.
Wildmanbaker

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
I think you get what you pay for. Comparing a similarly priced Tiffin or Winnie will probably get you the same quality.
I have an American Coach made by Fleetwood and couldn't be happier. It is little higher end than a Discovery which leads me back to the statement you get what you pay for.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood have poor quality control. roofing is prom to leak down the road per junk compared to other noted.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
LuckeyUs wrote:
Is this brand mechanically as good as a Winnebago, Tiffin or Newmar?

NO
what roof material does the fleetwood have?
Bumpy

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
For their chassis they might all be using Freightliner but Winnebago uses their Maxxium which has lowered (as opposed to raised) rails which gives you much more storage and a lower center of gravity. Newmar uses a hung wall with far better insulation the all the others. We have had 3 Winnebago and loved them all and would not hesitate to buy a Newmar.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew