cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CC vector wifi antenna

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using this wifi booster right now and it works great, but I'm baffled on something.

On initial setup, you log in, then open your browser and a page comes up and shows you the available wifi networks to be boosted, and you choose one. That worked fine, but then I decided to turn the antenna 180 degrees and now I cannot get that screen to come up. I've unplugged everything, waited, tried the 192.168.8.1 thing which they show in the manual, but nothing.

Youtube etal says to go 192.168.18.1 but Chrome says no, can't connect.

Anybody know what to do?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad it worked.. I've been doing Wi-Fi with assorted hardware for a long time. Some of the ways it can screw up will drive you batty and then some.

I use both static and dynamic addressing and a home made wi-fi repeater (Umbiquiti Nano Station outdoor and a pain in the arse Belkin indoors)

I have multiple computers (ReplyTV dvr. Windows Chrome books and two (realy 3 but one is still in the box) Raspgerry Pi's running ham radio software so I am learning ALL the shortcuts to success.

Glad that one worked for you.

One thing.. Many places you log onto a public router and they may not even change the SSID (LInksys is a common one) I've accessed more than one config page on such a router.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Alternative look at your computer' wi-fi settings (Advanced) for the gateway addres.. try to connect to that address.
That worked!! Thank you !!

I bookmarked that page (as the instructions tell you to do) when it came up so I should be able to access it anytime.

Yay!

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I was considering hacking the registry but can't seem to do that on a chromebook. Support is closed for the weekend.

If power cycle means 'turn it off' that's what I did.

The config screen actually did come up once yesterday.. I have no idea what I did.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You may need to do a power cycle.
Soemtime I've found devices like that, when they connect to a Wi-FI Access point or router will change their LAN SIDE address and you need to power cycel them

Alternative look at your computer' wi-fi settings (Advanced) for the gateway addres.. try to connect to that address.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
some of these repeater systems change ip addresses once they connect to a access point.
there should be a reset button to hold in a few seconds to reset it.
one of the ones i have has a tool to download to find the ip address it changed to.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It will show the screen even if no wifi is available. It's turned back. I tested this at home, did pretty much the same thing and didn't have this problem. I'll probably have to call CC in the morning.

Hmm.. I'm using a Chromebook. At home I used an HP laptop. I wonder if the CB is different.. needs some config setup. I did clear Chrome's cache.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
it's a directional antenna. maybe it's not detecting any wifi stations in that direction? have you turned it back in the original direction?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle