cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power gear slide control

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
I need to know if anyone has this slide unit and if the led on the panel is lit when operating the slide
09 winny adventurer 32h 33 ft towing 015 focus
9 REPLIES 9

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I found a brake in a ground cable. There were too many wires to track it down so I bypassed it, works like it should, and really didn't need to buy a 200.00 brain.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I found it by tracing back from the motor.. No power. Shut off 12 volt systems before using the cable tracker

Sounds like a solid plan, Thanks!

3 tons

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I found it by tracing back from the motor.. No power. Shut off 12 volt systems before using the cable tracker
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies. The harbor freight tester looks like what I'll need as there must be a bundle of 50 wires, mostly yellow and some white, running down into the floor.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
3 tons wrote:
I have a Powergear slide in a truck camper (two geared rails but only one motor), but try as I might, Iโ€™ve been unable to find any kind of โ€˜controller deviceโ€™ between the slide in & out switch and the slide motor...Kinda weird (??)....

I found it on mine but had to "Sniff it out" bloodhound style

On my Damon INtruder the slide out controls are in the hall roughly the Middle of the RV (Between front and rear rooms)

The slide out motor is the main (Front Room) slide so it's a bit in front of that

The controller was on the ceiling of a basement compartment as far towards the front of the RV as was possible. the next thing forward is a wheel well. WHY I do not know (Hide the box contest???)

I found it by.> Well it failed. so a tech cut the wires and I built a home made bypass controller (no current limiter)

I hooked a Harbor Freight cable tracker to the cut ends since I knew they had no power on 'em (Checked first) and bleedl bleedled my way to enlightenment (Followed the line of greatest sound when the bundle branches well one way had sound the othe silent)

Now the following link is the one I used. found one like it 10 bucks cheaper on Amazon but.. This is the exact one I used. Walked in and walked out with it (Can't do that on A)

Cable Tracker/finder at HF

I Have a major repair than another major repair then that's next.
(And a couple minor ones as well).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Ford car. I need to know if a dash light is supposed to be ON when driving? Kind of a dumb question without needed info. I am a professional RV Tech and have no idea what the OP has, so kind of hard to answer the question.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Powergear slide in a truck camper (two geared rails but only one motor), but try as I might, Iโ€™ve been unable to find any kind of โ€˜controller deviceโ€™ between the slide in & out switch and the slide motor...Kinda weird (??)....

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have Powergear slides but no panel.

The switches are mounted on a panel with other switches eg HWH, water pump, etc.

They are tiny little switches and my fingers slide off.

I dislike them.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.