cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garage Size

mwp57
Explorer
Explorer
First post guys. Im currently looking and researching Class C toy haulers. The garage is 6 by 8. My motorcycle is 1.5"-2" wider than garage. My question are these garages exactly 8' or is that a generic figure they use? If motorcycle don't fit then I'll go with a non toy hauler.
11 REPLIES 11

mwp57
Explorer
Explorer
Been thinking maybe just get a Class C and pull a enclosed cargo trailer for motorcycle.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

mwp57
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
fitznj wrote:
So I'm curious, what Class C is it? I've been looking for a Class C
toyhauler and never had much luck.

Outlaw class c 29j

This was online. All the local Dealers in my area don't have any in stock.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
fitznj wrote:

Outlaw class c 29j

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Gerry

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
So your saying the 8' dimension is across the width of the MH? That puts the garage door in the side then?
If that's the case I'm sure the garage is no more than 8'. The maximum width for a MH is 8' 6". Part of this would be taken up by the thickness of the sidewalls. So, I would think that 8' is the maximum width you could possible have.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would think that you could turn the steering wheel left or right enough to accommodate the 1-2 inches. But your best bet is to try it before you buy it.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of my friends stayed in school long enough to have a class called "Gee, I'm a tree" Working, I have had to learn a little. If I need a 6 by 8 space to have square corners I would tape the diagonal at 10 ft.
A test? Grab a tape measure, a string, couple of spikes, and a small bag flour, ride the MC to a level area. Stake one end of the string down, and pull it straight. Now poke a small hole in bag, and draw a line on that string. Measure 8 feet on the line from where you pinned end of string, pin the end of tape. Now, pull out tape, and use the flour to draw a arc at 10 ft mark. And while at it, draw a arc at the 6 ft mark to start to locate the 4th corner. Move the dumb end of tape to the first pin. Where the 6 foot mark lines up with first arc, that is corner 3. 10 ft and other arc, corner 4. Use the flour to draw the other 3 sides, roll the bike in, check for fit.
More I think, might be better to do at home, using masking tape on garage floor, and one of the garage door posts as starting pin. Then you will know how close to the side of door you can start, how far in you can be and still turn to get front wheel where it needs to be. Can you slide the back of bike sideways at least the width of machine when loading/unloading?

mwp57
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Can't you put the motorcycle in a little bit diagonally?

I would guess that 8' is a round number and it may be a bit more or less; looking at one with a tape measure in hand is a very good idea. (There may also be odds and ends like door handles that project into the space at inconvenient locations.)

Exactly so, I may ask to run bike into garage area of RV if they want a sale.

mwp57
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Your motorcycle is over 8' wide?!

8' long. The class C toy hauler garage runs width wide while the fifth wheel garage runs length wide. They run the opposite of each other.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Your motorcycle is over 8' wide?!
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Can't you put the motorcycle in a little bit diagonally?

I would guess that 8' is a round number and it may be a bit more or less; looking at one with a tape measure in hand is a very good idea. (There may also be odds and ends like door handles that project into the space at inconvenient locations.)