Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do you feel about your corner bed?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> How do you feel about your corner bed?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 (measures 23'-8" long, end to end) has a rear corner bed. Admittedly it's not ideal. Not just limited access, but the width of the bed is not so wide either because the over-all width of the brand rig is less than nearly all other class C's. But we are not big people so it works for us this past 12 years. In our 60's today, we don't have a problem to-date. It's what we had to compromise in order to have the rest of the rig work perfectly for us including fitting in our under-the-house garage. CLICK HERE to see many pictures of the inside, outside, and the rig inside our garage. It has been a joy to own and travel in, even with the bed being what it is. We special-ordered the rig without a slide out and we still appreciate the benefits with that decision.

I looked at your photos. Super nice RV and storage too! I think I would put up with a corner bed under those circumstances.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in Oshkosh WI for the airshow. I flew in, the DW drove and she prefers the C over the A, so that's what she brought.

A friend stopped over (who also has a C the same as ours) and commented on how I have the bed made up "backwards", I have the pillows against the kitchen and my feet against the back wall.

I told him how as a single (which I am most of the time in the C) it's soooo much easier to get in & out that way and you have the counter behind your head for a 'nightstand'. Even as a couple it's still easier IMHO, and the outside person has to get up to let the inside person out regardless.

He said he tried it & why the heck did he not do that years ago!!! LOL

Bea PA

Waynesboro, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/29/19 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We downsized from a pusher to a 24 with a corner bed, had a trailer with 1 , years ago and hubby had a MH with a corner bed. we just use a travel sack and I sleep on the outside since I get up at night. We are in our 80's. I like not having to tow a car and can park most anywhere.

Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> How do you feel about your corner bed?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.