cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Ford Engine

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Ford recently announced a new engine to replace the V-10 and use it in a new class A chassis. Does anyone know when this chassis and engine will be released?
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
14 REPLIES 14

Bruce_Brown
dodge guy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
I certainly hope they addressed the abysmal handling of the F53 as well as the power! Hopefully they now have independent front suspension as well as an air ride option. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say the handling is bad enough that it should've been addressed before the power.

While I certainly like the idea of IFS and air ride, I sure wouldn't say our last gasser handled poorly. Also, with as many as there are on the road they can't all be bad or they wouldn't be selling.

I think in many cases it's more how the house builder balances weight and chooses specs most so than the chassis itself. 16K to 26K chassis. 19.5 wheels vs 22.5 wheels. 158" to 252" wheelbase.

Same chassis design, different options chosen = different results.

I tend to agree with you. However Ford is the only chassis builder right now so there is no competition. I would like to see Ram get into the game and offer a superior chassis like I mentioned with a Cummins option up front. Ford needs more than a new engine and trans offering. I mean the F53 was introduced back in he 80โ€™s I think. And other than the brake system is basically still the same.

The basic chassis used today was introduced as a 1999 model, well past the 80s. It's been updated a few times since then, although they were evolutionary, certainly not revolutionary.

I'd love to see Ram get into it too - they make decent stuff.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:

I think in many cases it's more how the house builder balances weight and chooses specs most so than the chassis itself. 16K to 26K chassis. 19.5 wheels vs 22.5 wheels. 158" to 252" wheelbase.

No lie. My 34 foot Tiffin on the 24k chassis and 228" wheelbase with a short rear overhang handles fine. An improved ride would be nice.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
I certainly hope they addressed the abysmal handling of the F53 as well as the power! Hopefully they now have independent front suspension as well as an air ride option. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say the handling is bad enough that it should've been addressed before the power.

While I certainly like the idea of IFS and air ride, I sure wouldn't say our last gasser handled poorly. Also, with as many as there are on the road they can't all be bad or they wouldn't be selling.

I tend to agree with you. However Ford is the only chassis builder right now so there is no competition. I would like to see Ram get into the game and offer a superior chassis like I mentioned with a Cummins option up front. Ford needs more than a new engine and trans offering. I mean the F53 was introduced back in he 80โ€™s I think. And other than the brake system is basically still the same.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bruce_Brown
dodge guy wrote:

Bruce & Jill Brown

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
With GM having released the numbers on the new 6.6 gas engine, Ford is no doubt playing with rev counts to get the best looking stats versus the new competition. And with the new Jimmy's looking at 17400 pound top towing stats, You know Ford is playing around with how much to beat that number by.

We should see numbers leak from the printers of the brochures by mid August, if Ford doesn't beat that with a press release.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bruce_Brown
This seems to be what many are predicting;

"This will push the 7.3L V8 estimates to: 482 hp and 557 lb-ft of torque. The 7.3L V8 will make its debut in the 2020 Ford Super Duty (F250 and F350) trucks later this year. The engine will be mated to Ford's new 10-speed automatic transmission".
Bruce & Jill Brown

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
HP and torque have not been announced yet.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
OK help me out here, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I waded through the four links and was not able to determine the horsepower nor the torque.

Can some somebody tell me those numbers?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why the rush to buy a new engine?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
You can read why Ford made this engine here
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
COMING SOON โ€“ THE NEW FORD STRIPPED CHASSIS
The 2020 F-Series F-53/F-59 Stripped Chassis and the 2021 E-Series Stripped Chassis provide a strong foundation for your business. Theyโ€™re ready for a wide variety of applications, offering an upgraded electrical architecture throughout. And up front, theyโ€™ve got something else newโ€ฆ now featuring a standard 7.3L (445ci) V8 engine paired with a 6 speed automatic transmission. Available winter 2019.
https://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/stripped-chassis/?gnav=header-all-vehicles

https://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/stripped-chassis/models/f53-motorhome/

7.3L Godzilla V8 is Here!!! | Ford Releases the 2020 Super Duty

"Fordโ€™s new 2020 F-Series Super Duty will start shipping to dealers this fall. "
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
House and chassis model years sometimes do not match with a chassis being a year older than the house plus builders might want to burn thru V10 inventory before they start using the newer stuff (first in, first out). So,,, maybe about this time next year or a little earlier.

You might see a builder beat everyone to the punch and push a completely new model out the door on the new V8 chassis while they still have V10 chassis inventory in house.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
maybe this one since you gave not link.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=120196.0