Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: New Ford Engine
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> New Ford Engine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/19 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With GM having released the numbers on the new 6.6 gas engine, Ford is no doubt playing with rev counts to get the best looking stats versus the new competition. And with the new Jimmy's looking at 17400 pound top towing stats, You know Ford is playing around with how much to beat that number by.

We should see numbers leak from the printers of the brochures by mid August, if Ford doesn't beat that with a press release.

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

I certainly hope they addressed the abysmal handling of the F53 as well as the power! Hopefully they now have independent front suspension as well as an air ride option. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say the handling is bad enough that it should've been addressed before the power.

While I certainly like the idea of IFS and air ride, I sure wouldn't say our last gasser handled poorly. Also, with as many as there are on the road they can't all be bad or they wouldn't be selling.

I think in many cases it's more how the house builder balances weight and chooses specs most so than the chassis itself. 16K to 26K chassis. 19.5 wheels vs 22.5 wheels. 158" to 252" wheelbase.

Same chassis design, different options chosen = different results.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/19 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

I certainly hope they addressed the abysmal handling of the F53 as well as the power! Hopefully they now have independent front suspension as well as an air ride option. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say the handling is bad enough that it should've been addressed before the power.

While I certainly like the idea of IFS and air ride, I sure wouldn't say our last gasser handled poorly. Also, with as many as there are on the road they can't all be bad or they wouldn't be selling.

I think in many cases it's more how the house builder balances weight and chooses specs most so than the chassis itself. 16K to 26K chassis. 19.5 wheels vs 22.5 wheels. 158" to 252" wheelbase.

I tend to agree with you. However Ford is the only chassis builder right now so there is no competition. I would like to see Ram get into the game and offer a superior chassis like I mentioned with a Cummins option up front. Ford needs more than a new engine and trans offering. I mean the F53 was introduced back in he 80’s I think. And other than the brake system is basically still the same.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

irishtom29

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

No lie. My 34 foot Tiffin on the 24k chassis and 228" wheelbase with a short rear overhang handles fine. An improved ride would be nice.

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Bruce Brown wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

I tend to agree with you. However Ford is the only chassis builder right now so there is no competition. I would like to see Ram get into the game and offer a superior chassis like I mentioned with a Cummins option up front. Ford needs more than a new engine and trans offering. I mean the F53 was introduced back in he 80’s I think. And other than the brake system is basically still the same.

The basic chassis used today was introduced as a 1999 model, well past the 80s. It's been updated a few times since then, although they were evolutionary, certainly not revolutionary.

I'd love to see Ram get into it too - they make decent stuff.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> New Ford Engine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS