cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F150 has joined the frenched in exhaust bandwagon?

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's old news, but I just saw this for the first time:
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
31 REPLIES 31

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
^ So wants your point?
You're correct, but an Eco would work fine in "a lot" of F250s. BUT, it doesn't have the duty cycle that those trucks are designed for. Plain and simple.
Doesn't mean they won't do it, just means they won't do it as long.
It does make one wonder why Fprd hasn't one upped the V6 Eco and made a real powerhouse V8 Eco boost. I could see that being a very attractive gasser option in the big pickups for a lot of people.

I think it is safe to say given the previous two posts we have been trolled. An auto enthusiast that has not heard of the ecoboost is about as believable as a special prosecutor that never heard of Fusion GPS. :B

Where in my post or any post did I say I never heard of this motor, sounds like you are the Troll... :R

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Roflmao
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
From bumpers to motors? :h Oh, GPS can be had in a Ford Fusion.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
mich800 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
^ So wants your point?
You're correct, but an Eco would work fine in "a lot" of F250s. BUT, it doesn't have the duty cycle that those trucks are designed for. Plain and simple.
It does make one wonder why Fprd hasn't one upped the V6 Eco and made a real powerhouse V8 Eco boost. I could see that being a very attractive gasser option in the big pickups for a lot of people.

I think it is safe to say given the previous two posts we have been trolled. An auto enthusiast that has not heard of the ecoboost is about as believable as a special prosecutor that never heard of Fusion GPS. :B

LOL...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
^ So wants your point?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ So wants your point?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:

This is not a new engine and has proven itself in both its ability to make power and do so with reliability. I am surprised you have not noticed the endless threads here on those exact questions. But if you are not a hard core automobile enthusiast it is probably easy to tune out these debates that seem to pop up every week.

Yes I do stay up with auto stuff and such just don't care much for the tiny motors that put out big block power, I am still stuck in the big block era when it comes to real grunt HP and Torque..

If the Ford 3.5 was such a power house than why is Ford coming out with the all new 7.3 power house, maybe that tiny motor cant work in the big boy trucks and motorhomes, me thinks it would blow the crank in short order..

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
mich800 wrote:
timmac wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yeah, that is only on the Limited trim with the high output 450hp/510lb-ft 3.5L Ecoboost.

At what rpm's is the 3.5 screaming to get that HP/torque

I am not sure if this is a serious question. The 3.5 ecoboost makes its power 5500 rpm and below. If you have ever driven one you would not describe it as a high rpm engine.

I thought it would have been in the 6000 range of rpm to get that power on such a small motor..

I wonder if a dual turbo 3.5 would even last 150,000 miles, that's a lot of strain on a small motor.

This is not a new engine and has proven itself in both its ability to make power and do so with reliability. I am surprised you have not noticed the endless threads here on those exact questions. But if you are not a hard core automobile enthusiast it is probably easy to tune out these debates that seem to pop up every week.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
That smaller motor was purpose built for pickup truck use. Aside from a few issues when they were new, they have a very stellar record.

Yeah they've been pretty good but at the same time there's a reason they aren't putting them in the Super Duty. Still, an F150 with the 3.5EB is probably what I'd buy if I were buying a half ton right now.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
That smaller motor was purpose built for pickup truck use. Aside from a few issues when they were new, they have a very stellar record.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
timmac wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yeah, that is only on the Limited trim with the high output 450hp/510lb-ft 3.5L Ecoboost.

I am not sure if this is a serious question. The 3.5 ecoboost makes its power 5500 rpm and below. If you have ever driven one you would not describe it as a high rpm engine.

I thought it would have been in the 6000 range of rpm to get that power on such a small motor..

I wonder if a dual turbo 3.5 would even last 150,000 miles, that's a lot of strain on a small motor.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
mich800 wrote:
timmac wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

When I drove a diesel for several weeks the diesel did only turn half as fast as my Ecoboost in the same situations but it made just as much noise and I was just as aware of it as I am my Ecoboost. My motorhome with the Cummins 30ft and 3 rooms behind me is a different story.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
mosseater wrote:
Dont confuse noise and vibration for speed.

40 years ago I drove a friend's MG and quickly learned that the sensation of speed was just a sensation.

Next came my EcoBoost that is very quiet and smooth. Now my son's Tesla has really made the point.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
ShinerBock wrote: