cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1996 F53 motorhome replacement radiator question

BMM70068
Explorer
Explorer
My factory radiator is shot and I’m looking at my options. I was looking at what’s on the market for this ole girl. It’s very limited. The only thing I can find is all aluminum. I’ve read post about replacement radiators not cooling properly. Has anyone used superior radiators? I contacted them today and they said it’s a upgrade from factory one. So my question is has anyone used these? Good? Bad? See link below.

https://www.superiorcooling.co/ford-chassis-motorhome-radiator-f3tz8005c-f3td8005aa-e9to8005db-f5td8...

Thanks,
Kevin
7 REPLIES 7

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
If you are still in search for a radiator, I installed one from Radiator World in 2009. It was installed shortly after I received it and have not had any problems with it since installed. The part number I bought was MA2691. Call them and I don't think you will be disappointed. I think it was actually ordered through radiator World but was a breeze to get it ordered.

I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just had great service from them and their product!!

I just told them what I had and they knew exactly what I needed!!!

Hope this helps.
Dad
Living The Dream- Not full timing but wintering in Texas
Lifes So Short--Let's go Rv'ing :W

96Bounder30E
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Found listing on Spectra for 1996 Ford F53. Bottom of page 4 under applications.
1996 Ford F53 radiator

This radiator will NOT fit the 1996 F53 motorhome chassis....
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Found listing on Spectra for 1996 Ford F53. Bottom of page 4 under applications.
1996 Ford F53 radiator

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Nick-B
Explorer
Explorer
Just went thru this on my 460 F53 coach. Installed one of the eBay aluminum units. So far so good but haven't made a hard mountain pass pull with it yet.
The one you link to is a Chinese clone of the Ford original but all aluminum instead of copper & brass. You'll find it listed on eBay as well.
Your only choices are a custom built radiator $$$ or one of the eBay aluminum rads. Be very careful with some of the cheap replacements you find. They do not fit the F53 chassis, but are for the pickup trucks. Spectra does not make the correct replacement.
Nick
1995 Coachmen Santara MB360 w/slide
F53/460 chassis w/tag

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Try looking on Amazon for a Spectra. Have put in a couple. They fit and are pretty good quality for about half price
Input your vehicles information for correct fit. Looks like this one but not sure of your exact vehicle
Radiator

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
As mentioned any radiator shop can make you a radiator and add an extra layer to the core if you want additional cooling. That would be the best way to get a radiator that you know will work.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Any radiator shop can make you a radiator if the tanks are good. They just replace the core.