cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical short in passenger chair

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Itasca Ellipse kicks the crt breaker for power chairs. Disconnect plug for passenger chair and no more kicking the breaker. Question - how do I remove the panels of the chair to get to the wiring? Cannot raise the foot rest with no power and the side panels are held on by wing nuts which I cannot reach unless I rip and distort the panels. The chair can rotate 180 degrees but we have never used that feature so no problems with wires twisting.
Ken
5 REPLIES 5

gfs1943
Explorer
Explorer
Better than a short passenger in the electric chair.
gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ
2006 Honda CR-V

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I thought they had made the electric chair illegal because it is cruel an d inhuman punishment !!
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I would start by rotating the drivers seat to a point where you can raise the footrest and look at how the seat is bolted to the floor. Then I would figure out how to remove the passenger seat and the pedestal. Once laying on the floor take it apart piece by piece until you can access the wiring.

You might call flexsteel with your chair model number and ask for an exploded parts drawing, or even how to raise the footrest manually.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

MrWizard
unbolt form the floor ?
so you can get into it from the bottom ?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s