cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sofa Removal

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Winnebago Sightseer,it's a model 35G. It has the U-shaped sofa. I'm looking at removing the sofa and replacing it with a couple recliners. Has anyone removed a sofa? Any issues I should be aware of?

THANKS in advance
7 REPLIES 7

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Newmar Canyon Star 3953 and had the recliner as well as the ugly uncomfortable couch removed and replaced with two comfortable recliners with a table between them, great move, glad I had it done. Had to take couch apart then put it back together outside the motor home. My daughter now has the couch and recliner in her living room.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
in our previous TT i removed the jack knife sofa in 2 parts. back was bolted to seat. had no problems getting thru door. best mod we did on that TT.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Our new Phaeton came with 2 opposing couches, making TV watching painful. We both ended up with sore necks. So we took out one sofa and replaced it with 2 recliners and had a custom made matching wood file cabinet made to hold our business files. At the time we were landlords and I needed a desk. We pull the one chair out onto the floor when we sit and then I unfold the hinged top on the file cabinet back to make a desk. I turn my table chair around and I have a proper desk where I can spread out. I don't have to tear it down for dinner, just turn my chair around to the table.

We took the sofa (jackknife) out through the front door. As someone said, the arms unbolt. It is very heavy, but we were able to do it.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
When all else fails . . .

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

cableguy574
Explorer
Explorer
Just some how take the sofa out in pieces
2008 National Pacifica V36a
2014 Jeep Wrangler /Brake Buddy
JUST Me & My wife & dogs ๐Ÿ™‚
FMCA 387898
A member of NUTS

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't get them out through the door, you can take out a window pretty easily. That's what I had to do to get a hide-a-bed in our MH. Take all the screws out from inside and remove the inside frame. Then slide a putty knife under the lip outside around the window. Take out the window - you might need some help as the window may be too heavy for one person to maneuver by themselves. Clean up the frame and the side of the RV. Then, after you're done, put it back in, tighten all the screws and put a bead of silicone around the outside frame to seal it. Mine had a sponge gasket around the outer frame that I reused.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had two sofas that I removed and on both of them the arms came off and they were bolted to the floor. Then you could just turn them on the side and take them right out the door. A jack knife sofa is heavy.