cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only hot water side works

whatinZamzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I just changed the filter outside. Did as instructed; letting it run 5 minutes for the air & excess carbon to come out. Now only water comes out of the hot side, the cold side is very low water pressure. The whole entire trailer is like this now. Kitchen, toilet(cold water line), bathroom ,sink, shower. I don't have the water heater on so cold water only comes out from hot side. I'm connected to city water, no pump.
7 REPLIES 7

whatinZamzoo
Explorer
Explorer
campigloo wrote:
I know you’ll find this hard to believe because I did too. I had a similar problem. Hot water flowed but not cold. I took the toilet supply apart and there was white plastic grains that looked like coarse sand; same stuff in the kitchen. I was told to wash the inside of the water heater. Huh? I replaced the anode rod while I was at it. I had to rinse it several times. It may not be your problem and it doesn’t make a bit of sense I know, but it worked.

That was exactly it, thanks! I did it about a week ago though just wanted to have my feedback on the matter encase anyone else has this problem.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I know you’ll find this hard to believe because I did too. I had a similar problem. Hot water flowed but not cold. I took the toilet supply apart and there was white plastic grains that looked like coarse sand; same stuff in the kitchen. I was told to wash the inside of the water heater. Huh? I replaced the anode rod while I was at it. I had to rinse it several times. It may not be your problem and it doesn’t make a bit of sense I know, but it worked.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
whatinZamzoo wrote:
IB853347201 wrote:
When you remove the filter does the water pressure return to normal on the hot and roadside?

problem is not connection outside. I ran w/o filter.

Old-Biscuit wrote:
Hot water heater is FED from COLD water Line.........
Is Water Heater BYPASS OPEN?

DO you have a 'FILL' Valve?
Is it OPEN?

If you turn Pump ON....does Hot/Cold Flow water?

Ya, I find it extremely odd that the hot water is just cold water fed through it having my issue.
I've never touched any water heater valve till today. The cold water input, but this was after the problem occurred & I put it back into the original position after diagnose. I didn't see any other valve. I will try the pump tomorrow

What you have labeled as the sink line most likely feeds all of your cold side in the camper after that "T". Is there any chance somebody put a check valve in after that "T"? Your symptoms mimic what you get when the check valve on the water heater out fails.

If not that try unscrewing the screen from the end of your faucets to see if they got plugged by debris. Though I'm not sure how that would affect the toilet.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Sounds like something got out of the new filter like maybe a piece of the plastic wrapping and went into the cold side. The good thing is the T-fitting you showed can just be unscrewed and taken apart. I would disconnect the cold side of that fitting and see if water comes out. Use the water pump so you can shut off the flow as needed.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

whatinZamzoo
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
When you remove the filter does the water pressure return to normal on the hot and roadside?

problem is not connection outside. I ran w/o filter.

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Is it OPEN?

Ya, I find it extremely odd that the hot water is just cold water fed through it having my issue.
I've never touched any water heater valve till today. The cold water input, but this was after the problem occurred & I put it back into the original position after diagnose. I didn't see any other valve. I will try the pump tomorrow

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer

Is it OPEN?

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
2010 Suncruiser