cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot 2500 10.4 or 2500 10.6

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
I am taking the 40 foot monaco diplomat cummins engine and 7500 onan cummins diesel generator to a dealer for a trade in on a big foot which one is the best for long term convince. I have a few medical problems right now I have to return to the doctor every 28 days. he sometimes will let one of my kids pick up my medicine and fed-ex to me that gives us 56 days. but we intend to go to alaska by way of ferry out of Washington state or Oregon which ever is better if you have loaded your truck and camper on a ferry and went to alaska to skip the Alaska highway. let me know how your trip turned out
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
8 REPLIES 8

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I look at those NL fabric choices my stomach turns a bit ... I think of how my parents house was decorated in 1970. I couldn't get past that.

Yes, a Bigfoot owner!

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Simple... get a Northern Lite 10.2!
Same two-piece fiberglass clamshell type construction, more headroom, bigger bed, and 6-foot-plus dinette bed.
I was gonna get a 10.4 until I actually got in one...
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
I have the 10.6 and two of the major features that I liked about it was the storage hatch to the basement below and the extra amount of kitchen counter top space.

I haven't been in a 10.4 so I can't really speak to visibility compared to my own. I will make certain to park the truck so that the dinette has the better view.

My only personal peeve about the camper is the awkward angled toilet and the oversized bathroom sink. I'm a small guy, 5'6" and 150lbs and I find that toilet space to be cramped. Someday I will be ripping out the sink and either replacing it with a custom made stainless one that is much smaller or foregoing all together.

One thing we did do was to remove all of the window dressings and replaced with just some nice stained Oak pieces. We did that to the Windows and the front of the bed. It really opened things up and expanded the view. They were way to over sized for some reason.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Both are exactly same floor length.....BF 10.4 gives you better bathroom with countertop and
cupboards. Bedroom area is separated from living area. Black tank is larger. Dinette only seats 3. .....10.6 has dinette for 4, longer galley countertop, better tv viewing if that is important to you, generally more open feeling if you need space.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
kohldad wrote:
The only problem with all of the 2004 and newer Bigfoots is they have a shortened bed which can't be extended to standard length. So if you need to sleep straight out and are over about 5-8, you aren't going to be very happy. This is the only reason I don't have a Bigfoot.

Hey, DB, you're not as tall as my DH and he fits fine :R

devildog,
I looked at the 10.6 before I bought the 10.4. As I saw it, advantage of the 10.6 is that it has a full size dinette (important if space for a third adult-size person is needed) and with the dinette up front it opens up the bed area. But with a closet across from the dinette and the bath and kitchen area towards the back it limits the view from the dinette. The 10.6 I looked at did have a neat trapdoor into the basement storage area. We preferred the 10.4 with the front bath and wardrobe separating the bed area from the dinette/kitchen since DH gets up earlier than I do. The dinette is smaller than that in the 10.6 (will only fit a small adult laying corner to corner when made into a bed) but fine for up to 3 to sit and we get a 270 degree view out of four windows (five if you swap out the frosted glass in the door). The only TV mount is in the bedroom area and while you can swing it out into the hallway facing the back of the camper it can only be seen by someone sitting at the edge of the back seat. TV isn't important to me on the trips we make now but I'm thinking of modifying an overhead cabinet door in the kitchen with a swing-up TV for better viewing from the dinette. Hope to see you in whichever Bigfoot you choose at the next SE TC Gathering!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I disagree with Gary as the 10.4 with kitchen across from the dinette gives much better viewing as you can see in more directions. Plus with the bedroom seperated from the living/kitchen area it's possible to have a bit more privacy. This will also help in Alaska where you have so much light.

By the way, my sister GoinThisAway has the 10.4 so I'm sure she will chime in.

The only problem with all of the 2004 and newer Bigfoots is they have a shortened bed which can't be extended to standard length. So if you need to sleep straight out and are over about 5-8, you aren't going to be very happy. This is the only reason I don't have a Bigfoot.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Gary_Morency
Explorer
Explorer
From looking at floorplans I like the 10.6 also it has a long kitchen counter and much better tv viewing from the dinette.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
I am not understanding most of your post but wish you well if you make it to Alaska.

We had a Bigfoot 10.6 camper and liked it quite a bit if that helps.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.