Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Suggest a sewer hose kit.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Suggest a sewer hose kit.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
wborst

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a Valterra Dominator sewer hose. It is very similar to the Rhino Flex. The sewer hose stand will keep the hose out of the gravel which can make pin holes in the hose. It will extend the life of the hose. It also makes it less likely to be damaged by a weed eater. I have been using mine for about eight years and it still is as good as new. I spend about five months per year on the road.

Bill

Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

teejaywhy wrote:

Just bought a new TT and waste dump will be a new experience for me.

Research on sewer hose leads me to the Rhinoflex.

The 20' version is two 10' sections joined together. In my mind, the fewer connections the better. The other version is a 15' single hose.
Q: Is 15' generally long enough?
THANKS!

I have found that the 15 FT one has been all that I have needed.

I also carry a 5 Ft extension

Quite often just the 5 FT one is all I need. Sometimes I need the 15 foot one. and just once I have needed both.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

+1 on rhino from me. I had an issue with one hose fitting (the 90 deg elbow but it was easily fixed and now good to go. their back flush elbow is awesome by the way.

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

NEOK

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been using the Valterra Dominator hoses and been very pleased with the way they have held up.

neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Puttin

Martinez, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/19 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

teejaywhy wrote:

Just bought a new TT and waste dump will be a new experience for me.

Research on sewer hose leads me to the Rhinoflex.

The 20' version is two 10' sections joined together. In my mind, the fewer connections the better. The other version is a 15' single hose.
Q: Is 15' generally long enough?

I am also intrigued by the WasteMaster / DrainMaster type which uses a Cam Lock fitting. Supposedly a fluid transfer "industry standard."
Q: Anyone using these? Obviously more expensive, but better? Less prone to accident? The existing waste fitting has to be modified. Problem?

I have the Polychute- which was the Cadillac before Waste Master came along. It's the same construction though with the head permanently attached (has integrated sewer donut and shut off valve). It's going on 10 years with no issues. It was priced similarly to the new Waste Master as well. The real difference between the two is the cam lock. Mine has the standard bayonet but has never leaked. You'd have to look at other reviews to determine if it's a good system. My blogger friend Ray Burr has used his for a few years now and seems to like it. You can watch his videos on it here:

Waste Master mods

THANKS!

samkresslein

USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/19 04:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know what in the world you're doing to your sewer hose to make it fall apart like that. I'm a full timer and I've been using the same "orange" sewer hose for five years, and if it ever does leak I'll go to Walmart and get another one for 20 bucks. What you have there is a solution looking for a problem.

theboondork.com

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll join the long list of Rhino owners. I'm a full-timer so dumping tanks is a big part of my life, and the Rhino hose is my favorite of all the hoses I've used, and the fact that you can buy the hoses and the parts at Walmart anywhere in the country is a big plus.

I've got one of the stands that keeps the hose elevated and I can only remember using it once in the last five years, but I boondock most of the time.

theboondork.com

DM6156

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theboondork.com wrote:

I'll join the long list of Rhino owners. I'm a full-timer so dumping tanks is a big part of my life, and the Rhino hose is my favorite of all the hoses I've used, and the fact that you can buy the hoses and the parts at Walmart anywhere in the country is a big plus.

I've got one of the stands that keeps the hose elevated and I can only remember using it once in the last five years, but I boondock most of the time.

theboondork.com

I've only ever used the stand when at sites with full hookup.

I'm fairly new (about 1.5 years experience now) and the rhino is the first setup I bought. As pointed out, it's available in many places including walmart (and ACE hardware) which is nice if you forget to repack one of the fittings and don't realize it until you're getting ready to dump.

macjom

Fl

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 02:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm very pleased with Rhinoflex. Good quality and easy to work with.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Suggest a sewer hose kit.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.