cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Trip/Prior Slide Out Issue

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
About two months ago I had posted about a slide out issue we had, the slide out retracted so slowly that I was afraid it would get stuck. A few of you posted about power issues and I took all those into account as well as the battery. When we arrived at Bailey's in Scarborough ME I was setting up the unit and someone from Seacoast RV drove by after a repair to another unit. I stopped the person, he came over, got under the unit and said 'you need grease, these are all dry"! So, I went to WalMart, got the grease he recommended and applied it. When we left yesterday all is well.

Also on this trip we had an issue with a "trailer wiring message" on my truck display screen, had a bolt break off on a bar that supports the grey water tank, and had to replace a tire. However, we were in Maine and we had great time.

Word of the day "Grease:

If you are ever in Scarborough or Old Orchard Beach area in Maine, stop in and see Seacoast RV, great people.

Safe travels.
5 REPLIES 5

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the can this morning and it was white lithium grease.

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting an update!
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
I will look at what it was called, but as best I can remember is was White Lithouem (sp?) something....

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Pops fresh popcorn

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
Might I suggest lubricant over grease. You didn't mention what he recommended, but someone might take the word grease too literally. Coat your slides in say bearing grease and it will collect every piece of dirt and gravel you drive over.

I like the Teflon dry lube on the slides. Works well and doesn't collect dirt.
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE