Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: My new to me camper.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new to me camper.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Boondocking2019

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/19 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

Boondocking2019 wrote:

Exploring the Arapeen and Paiute Trail System is why I bought a new Truck Camper to pull the UTV Side x Side. Looks like you had some nice unusual November weather. Nice photos looked like a lot of fun.

Same reason I have a camper.
I live in the heart of the Piute Trail. We went thru Mayfield and up 12 Mile Canyon.
Weather was perfect and we had a great time..

Perhaps you can guide the wife and I next summer / September on some of the Paiute Trails. My father took me on many a hunting trip for Elk and Mule Deer in the Fish Lake area. My plans next year are to visit Fish Lake and especially Mt Terrill.

Mote

Hoosier State

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 03:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm a little late to the party here. You're camper looks almost exactly like our 2001 Lance 1030 inside and outside. The only difference being ours is a dry bath. The shower is tiny but doable. I do wish our grey tank was bigger thou.
We carried it on a 1996 Dodge 2500 for a few years. We were within 200 lbs of the tire limits when fully loaded. The only issue we had was the brakes on that old truck were never that great. Even after updated pads. We now have a 2005 dodge dually only because a friend at work was moving to California and didn't need the truck anymore.

Hope you continue to enjoy your adventures.

2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boondocking2019 wrote:

Perhaps you can guide the wife and I next summer / September on some of the Paiute Trails. My father took me on many a hunting trip for Elk and Mule Deer in the Fish Lake area. My plans next year are to visit Fish Lake and especially Mt Terrill.

I'd recommend two maps.

Paiute Trail Map

National Geographic's map shows all of the Paiute Trail and is great for day planning.

Mapbook

I would also highly recommend getting this Mapbook by the Paiute Trail Committee.

It is set up like a road atlas and has every single trail within the Fishlake Nat Forest.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mote wrote:

I'm a little late to the party here. You're camper looks almost exactly like our 2001 Lance 1030 inside and outside. The only difference being ours is a dry bath. The shower is tiny but doable. I do wish our grey tank was bigger thou.
We carried it on a 1996 Dodge 2500 for a few years. We were within 200 lbs of the tire limits when fully loaded. The only issue we had was the brakes on that old truck were never that great. Even after updated pads. We now have a 2005 dodge dually only because a friend at work was moving to California and didn't need the truck anymore.

Hope you continue to enjoy your adventures.

Never too late.

I'm a tad over the ratings and I'm OK with that. The truck handles the camper quite well.

I really like this camper. I think its what I've always really wanted.

My other camper was a 9 footer and the shower drained into the gray tank and I really hated that. It sure filled up fast.

Here in Utah the Forest Service allows you to drain your gray tank out in the wild.

They do suggest that you put a screen over the end of your hose to catch all the food that might be in it.

I'v always dug a hole and drained into the hole and covered it back up. Something I couldn't do with my previous camper.

[image]

Years ago I had this 1969 Excel TT and it didn't have a gray tank so we had to dig a hole for the water to drain into the entire time we were camping.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice camper.
Not everyone wants to haul something that heavy.
The frame tie downs would be good for a large camper.
If it is a Dual Wheel that would help a lot. It is hard to tell in the photo.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/19 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

Nice camper.
Not everyone wants to haul something that heavy.
The frame tie downs would be good for a large camper.
If it is a Dual Wheel that would help a lot. It is hard to tell in the photo.

Thank you. Its perfect for me.

The tie downs do attach to the frame and the truck is a SRW.

I've been inn the mountains and on the freeway in strong cross winds and I have no complaints with just how well the truck handles.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Am I the only one who owns a regular cab pickup truck?? [emoticon]
It was fun trying to find one. [emoticon] But I did find one. [emoticon]
I'd call a dealer, "hello, do you have a Chevy 2500HD regular cab pickup?"
dealer, "why do you want one of those?"
me, "I guess you don't. Thanks for you time".

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/19 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sold my standard cab pickup in 1989 and have owned two extended cabs and one crew cab since. I like the additional storage and seating offered by larger cabs but don't really need the crew cab I have now (did not have an extended cab configuration available for my truck).

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm no doubt the oddball. [emoticon]

I've never cared for the looks of either extended cab or 4-dr trucks.

I do like how easy a regular cab is to park in parking lots and how much lees room is needed to make make u-turns.

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/19 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So am I . [emoticon]

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new to me camper.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.