Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dogs that dont bark at people
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dogs that dont bark at people

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Bill1374

northern New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/19 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Bo has more friends in Florida than I do, I think. When we walk, he knows everybody in the park that might have dog treats and we have to stop at every one. My only problem with him is that he's happy to see people he knows and has to bark hello when he sees them, but it is that happy dog bark.

KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Looks like he has quite a following.

Yeah, people have jokingly told us he needs his own facebook/twitter accounts.

Others say all I need is an organ grinder and a tip cup!

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 10:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, I knew by the title of your post that it would be about a lab. We got our precious Daisy in September, 2002 at 7 weeks of age and lost her in October, 2015 to cancer. She was a pure bred yellow lab and was stunningly beautiful and she knew it. She was a social butterfly who never needed to be tied up (and never wandered) and we miss her dearly to this day. We will get another lab at some point, but I wanted to say you have a beautiful dog and thank you for sharing your wonderful post!

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 04:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a great dog!

My neighbor here in Elkhart has a bulldog of some sort. Rocky used to bark at me, but now he waits patiently for some pats. Love him!

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine loves when people come over to him.

[image]

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a shih tzu that road with me in the truck. In Minnesota, a load froze in trailer, and trailer fell while unloading. I had guys calling from all over country "Is Sadie ok?" Another was always talking kids into our campsite.
Once walking thru a CG, a couple of young teen boys asked if they could pet my dog. I was in one of my moods, "depends, what were you in for?" What you mean. "Well if you got caught for robbery, you can pet, but **** or child molesting you stay away." Mother heard this wants to protect her kids, start ranting so fast thought she was talking in dots and dashes. "Mam, I have spent a few nights in lockup, but as soon as I got out, I pulled my jeans up, put my belt on to keep them, and put shoe laces in and tied them. I did not want everybody that saw me to know where I spent the night." She got her 2nd wind.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's our camping buddy at home. She doesn't bark now that we've trained her - but at only around 8 lbs. we have to be real watchful when camping that a bird of prey doesn't come down and swoop her up:

[image]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

OP, I knew by the title of your post that it would be about a lab. We got our precious Daisy in September, 2002 at 7 weeks of age and lost her in October, 2015 to cancer. She was a pure bred yellow lab and was stunningly beautiful and she knew it. She was a social butterfly who never needed to be tied up (and never wandered) and we miss her dearly to this day. We will get another lab at some point, but I wanted to say you have a beautiful dog and thank you for sharing your wonderful post!

Thank you!

Boomer never 'wanders' either so to speak. When he's off leash on a trail hike, he never goes more than 25 yards out and constantly checks in on us.

He does like to 'visit' other people in the sites around us though, so he has to be kept on a lead when camping. Not everyone is a *dog person* and with him, it's very easy to tell who is and who isn't.

Sorry that your Daisy went to the Rainbow Bridge.

There's going to be a lot of tears 'round here when Boomie goes.
I specifically waited until my DD was 7 years old to get him.
Hopefully, she will be in her early twenties when he goes and it won't be devastating for her. But I'm not sure it will be any easier.
[image]

[image]

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brianosaur- Dogs definitely become part of the family. I have a 7 month old smooth Collie that has to great every new person very enthusiastically. I lost Cooper (rough Collie) at only 4 years old to oral cancer about 3 months ago and it was truly like losing a family member. Hope for many happy years for your family and Boomer.

* This post was edited 07/27/19 05:50pm by colliehauler *

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a quick note our local Ace hardware owner has a Lab that accompanies the owner to work and is the official greeter. Same with my vet, he has a Lab that greets everyone. A restaurant in Moundridge Kansas called Fetch has a outdoor dining area where pets are welcomed, pets are not allowed inside the building.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dogs that dont bark at people
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.