cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 amp service 2009 Holiday Rambler

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend that has a borrowed 2009 Holiday Ramble Neptune. A check of the 50amp service prior to getting here showed the 50amp working fine. However, at this private field RV gathering with limited power, we cannot get the 20amp service working in the coach. The installed coach surge suppressor reflects power coming in, but the electrical panel in the coach shows no electrical display.
Of course, we are trying to contact the owner for assistance, but no reply back yet.
All ideas appreciated.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Winegard (in-motion tracking)
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy
6 REPLIES 6

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Problem Solved!
The installed surge guard worked as designed. When we checked the output voltage at the portable generator source, we discovered the output voltage was 136 volts. We adjusted the output voltage to 110 volts and everything was good.
Thank you for all who responded.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Word of caution when plugging into 20 amp socket. Make sure you have the correct adapter, and a high quality one at that. I recently had the need to plug my 30 amp MH into a 20 amp socket but only had one of the small black puck 30/15 amp adapter. All was good for the two days, as we only used the AC and microwave but not at the same time. But upon departure and unplugging that 15 amp adapter was hot and showed signs of melting. Use the correct adapter and cords for the job.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. I will pass it on and let you know in the morning.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It takes 12 volts to operate the EMS 50 amp system. Are you positive that the 12 volt disconnect switch is ON for the Motorhome? Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Some rigs you must identify amperage of the shore power input. This is done in the main control panel for energy management system. Some are located above the entry door in cabinet.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I assume that you are using the various adapters to reduce the input power cord from 50 amp service to 20 amp service. The surge suppressor may be showing that the polarity is not correct. When plugged in do you hear the transfer switch clicking to indicate that it has been energized and has switched to shore power?
My next thing to try would be to follow the power with a meter and see where it stops.