Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Low priced Danfoss fridges
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Low priced Danfoss fridges

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alpincool is what you are looking for. Half the price of Dometic. Low power consumption.

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/19 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alpincool does not seem to even have anything close. They have single compartment ones, not dual.
I am looking for people who have bought and used the "other" low-priced brands of freezer and refrigerator units. These have both compartments so you have a freezer and a refrigerator (or it can be two of either).
Not ARB, Not Engal, Not Dometic as we all know those are quality and set the standard.
thankee

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/19 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, I missed your qualifications. One could buy two Alpincool's and use one as a freezer and one as a refrigerator and still save a bundle on purchase price and operating cost.

dave17352

Ne

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

Thanks for feedback.
No, I never said I was looking for the best, just for feedback on these lower priced units.
I am not female looking for a good time, pal. I asked for PM only from those who do not know anything about this topic yet still will have a need to voice their opinion on the subject. If they PM me this will keep the thread clean of junk. If anyone reads the PM is of another matter.
so far, 0-6

Well smarty pants I mentioned nova kool which was not in the brands you mentioned. So there! [emoticon]

2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
[email protected] turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
50 gal aux tank
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!
Renogy 200 Watt solar

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dave17352 wrote:

Well smarty pants I mentioned nova kool which was not in the brands you mentioned. So there! [emoticon]

Very strange.
Your mention was a brand with only one compartment. I was looking for two so I have a freezer and a fridge in one. I was not able to find that brand in anything except one compartment.
I am interested to hear from owners of these off-brand units…

dave17352

Ne

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

dave17352 wrote:

Very strange.
Your mention was a brand with only one compartment. I was looking for two so I have a freezer and a fridge in one. I was not able to find that brand in anything except one compartment.
I am interested to hear from owners of these off-brand units…

Yes very strange indeed. Nova Kool has lots of refrigerators with two compartments. Freezer and refer. Double check you will find I am correct.

* This post was edited 07/31/19 09:11pm by dave17352 *

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks dave. I will search again, but if you have a link that helps. I cannot find a Nova Kool chest freezer/refrigerator that uses a Danfoss (or similar) DC compressor and has two compartments. I only see upright household or commercial units, or upright small fridges with in-set freezers like a dorm fridge.
How do you like your Nova Kool chest unit with two compartments?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Low priced Danfoss fridges
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS