Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dish Network has tough road to become mobile carrier
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Dish Network has tough road to become mobile carrier

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac just likes to ramble about the demise of satellite TV. There is exactly ZERO chance that he is thinking in terms of RVing, just the industry in general. I have to assume he is really ticked off at DirecTV or DISH (one of them ran over is dog or something) as he takes great pleasure in pushing forward all the nonsense. Even if DISH AND DIRECTV gave us the ghost, the Government would step in to ensure that the huge unserved OTA TV population would be able to receive TV. Cellular will never get to these areas either and 5G will never, never, ever get there. Timac lives in the city and things everyone else should as well.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

StephJohn2010

Black Hills, South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dish doesn't have the talent to compete in today's world. Just like IBM, GE, etc.

John & Steph
2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40x (27,000 miles)
380 HP Cummins with an Allison Transmission - Freightliner Chassis
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited Active Drive II

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

. . . he is really ticked off at DirecTV or DISH (one of them ran over is dog or something) . . .

Good one

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

. . . he is really ticked off at DirecTV or DISH (one of them ran over is dog or something) . . .

Good one

Thanks! It's just hard to explain his nonsense posts (for RV'ers). I get it that he has a grudge and he is at a S&B location, I just don't know why he posts his BS here.

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hi and i welcome myself to the topic. maybe i am in the wrong spot,just let me know if so. I am in the process of searching for the options of tv service. One of course that i can use while on the road. We do travel about once per week, throughout the year and a couple times a year at about 4 to 6 weeks. so with that said, i am contemplating using a system that i can just plug in at home and also take it with me while traveling. Cox as far as i know doesn't offer something like this. First off, am i in the right place? secondly, am i crazy? We do have cell service and wifi that i will not change as it has been good in 99.99999 % of all places we have been, even at home whencable is down. Thanks in advance. Jeff & Karen

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StephJohn2010 wrote:

Dish doesn't have the talent to compete in today's world. Just like IBM, GE, etc.

Hmmm, a successful satellite TV service, a successful business communications and Internet satellite service, the leading streaming TV service, and now a ready-made entry into the prepaid cell phone market that includes hundreds of existing retail outlets and hundreds of knowledgeable talented employees in both front and back office positions to add to their huge spectrum holdings. Yep, there's no way they can compete.

I learned long ago to never count Charlie Ergen out of anything...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jffnkrn wrote:

hi and i welcome myself to the topic. maybe i am in the wrong spot,just let me know if so. I am in the process of searching for the options of tv service. One of course that i can use while on the road. We do travel about once per week, throughout the year and a couple times a year at about 4 to 6 weeks. so with that said, i am contemplating using a system that i can just plug in at home and also take it with me while traveling. Cox as far as i know doesn't offer something like this. First off, am i in the right place? secondly, am i crazy? We do have cell service and wifi that i will not change as it has been good in 99.99999 % of all places we have been, even at home whencable is down. Thanks in advance. Jeff & Karen

Streaming services might be the answer for you in today's market depending on what your viewing habits are.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jffnkrn wrote:

Just get a Roku box for your RV TV and home TV and stream your movies and such, don't waste your money on the old and outdated satellite TV..

Thousands of free channels on streaming vs 75 junk channels for a $100 a month with satellite, do the math...

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/19 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

Just get a Roku box for your RV TV and home TV and stream your movies and such, don't waste your money on the old and outdated satellite TV..

Thousands of free channels on streaming vs 75 junk channels for a $100 a month with satellite, do the math...

And you must have internet, either wired or wireless, for Roku. And since good wired internet at an RV park is essentially nonexistent, and good cell service frequently doesn't exist in remote areas, Roku is at best a marginal solution.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/28/19 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

How does streaming turn junk TV into good TV? 1000 junk channels is exactly the same as 75 junk channels. If you don't like what's on TV you won't be any happier streaming.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Dish Network has tough road to become mobile carrier
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.