cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San Onofre Beach, Camp Pendelton Ca.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Got the invite to spend 3 days at the Military campground on the beach and couldn't turn it down. One has to be a invited guest of a person with a military ID to stay there but didn't have to ask me twice!

Our spots were on the upper terrace but definitely ocean view, just some ice plant and empty beach front spots between us and the water.

Left the rear door down the entire time except for at night as they have skunks and racoon's. Weather was just perfect, 80s in the day and high 60s at night.

1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler
2 REPLIES 2

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We were pretty much in the middle of the military beach and the waves there are pretty small. To the left was the public beach and it is where everyone paddled out too. Way up to the north was busy also and I think public also.

I body surfed a little and swam but mainly drank and got burned. Lol
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Man, the surf looks very glassy!:C
used to surf the public area of San Onofre, back in the day. we used to drool when the military side got the better waves.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes