cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite COE CG in Georgia

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Georgia has many COE CGs, DW and I want to start visiting them. But we’re not sure which ones to go to first so we’re looking for a little help from you experienced COE campers. Looking forward to reading your replies. Thanks.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
13 REPLIES 13

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not helping the OP here, but today I just made a reservation for a week in late Sept. at Carter's Lake (Woodring campground) and a week in October at Hartwell Lake (Watsadler capground). Now looking in North Carolina at Bandit's Roost campground. All COE and look like nice places.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Just about any. Once boating season is over and the kids are back at school. Just start some place along the SC/GA line and move when you are tired of the park you are currently in. Then move up/down about 50 miles to explore the next area. When you get totally tired of camping, head back home.

Don't miss out on the state parks too. Usually during Jan/Feb they offer a 50% discount if you pay for 30 days in advance. Makes the rates very reasonable.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
We've only stayed at one in GA, R. Shaefer Heard, in West Point and thought it was terrific.

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
It is not a COE Campground but a Hart State Park on Lake Hartwell has always been on our best liked -- but we only go in the off season.
CarriGo
Model 2320

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
chindog wrote:
We like Bald Ridge Creek on Lake Lanier in Cumming. It has several spaces big enough for the largest rigs on level concrete pads. Also close to shopping and dining, and close enough to Atlanta for doing the touristy stuff there.

This is the only one that I've been to, but we did like it and would go back. These pictures are from site #75.

The pad was nice and so was the gravel area in front of it:

This particular spot had weird spacing with the campsite next to it. But it was fine, we made quick friends and my son ended up raking their site for them:

Other sites had better lake views, we could sort of see it squinting through the trees:

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Sawnee( not it't not Saunee) near Cummings is good though I don't think it is any longer open all year. Also there's one north east of Kennesaw with hook-ups; can't recall the name.
Jayco-noslide

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
This One Is Easy DUCKETT MILL On Lake Sydney Lanier. Just Northeast Of Atlanta.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the input. If anyone else has something to add, I’m all ears.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Watsadler COE US 29 at the Lake Hartwell dam near the Ga/SC line.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
Mostly we go to Allatoona Lake. About once a year Lake Sidney Lanier, and have been to West Point, Carters and Strom Thurmond.
At Allatoona Lake we mostly go to McKinney Campground Sweetwater Creek is 2nd choice, with Victoria 3rd. All 3 are good, mostly just easier to get to in that order. Have been to Payne, Old 41, and Clark Creek North (Now Bartow County Park).
At Lake Sidney Lanier we like Bolding Mill.
At West Point Lake R Shaefer Heard or Whitetail Ridge
Don't go to Carters Lake much. Camped at Woodring Branch a few times, but most of the sites are very narrow.
At J. Strom Thurmond we have been to Petersburg and Ridge Road campgrounds. Both are good.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several on Lake Alatoona In Acworth Ga.
Close to Atlanta if you want to go there.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
I like all of them. Especially with my Golden age pass. With that being said, most of them were built in the 50's & 60's, except for West Point, which was built in the 70's. They are all very nice, with large campsites. Their main problem is a lack of restrooms, and even fewer restrooms with showers. Our favorite COE campground has over 150 sites with only 4 restrooms and only 2 restrooms with showers.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
We like Bald Ridge Creek on Lake Lanier in Cumming. It has several spaces big enough for the largest rigs on level concrete pads. Also close to shopping and dining, and close enough to Atlanta for doing the touristy stuff there.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad