Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: If you had a month...?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> If you had a month...?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's all good and hard to recommend!

We were in Jasper & Banff last month. Very interesting and very mountainous (burned out the engine in our F250 on the way home). If you want to see lots of wildlife, you want to go to Jasper. Didn't see any in Banff. The national park campgrounds are awesome. Nothing like seeing Moose wander mere feet from your campsite.

We're just near Mt. Hood. Love the area. Close enough to visit Portland. Timberline Lodge is fascinating. Not too far to Bend which is very different terrain in high country. Many places to camp around Mt. Hood, FHU or dry camping. Mt. St. Helens is worth a visit (south entrance).

Can never go wrong with the Or. coast but don't know what's available in the way of dry camping. The Mt. Ranier area is interesting and farther north, Leavenworth is an interesting visit. It can start to get cold in Sept. up in high country east of the mountains from OR to BC/Alberta. Few years ago in Bend, the entire CG unexpectedly froze up overnight in early Sept.

One thing to be aware of in Aug/Sept, is the potential for bad wildfires. Later Aug. & Sept. can be the worst times. Travelling closer to the coast could be a safer bet. Last Aug. we ended up towing our TT alongside a wildfire that had just broken out near Peachland BC. Few seasons ago we bailed out at the last minute on a visit to Yellowstone in early Sept. due to a large wildfire nearby.

Gil, Deb & Dougal a 15 year old Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH, shocks and Endurance LRE tires
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab, Bilstein shocks, heavy duty trailering option

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amusement parks are one of the last things on my list that starts next week. I would use the Labor Day weekend to get as far north as possible...probably Glacier. From Glacier we are headed to the mountains south of Missoula and then to Yellowstone and the Tetons around Labor Day. Next is Grand Lake for RMNP and then south to Leadville, Gunninson, Ouray, CO. Hopefully by then it will be cool enough to head to Utah and it’s 5 NP and then the N Rim. Canyon de Chilly and then up to Mesa Verde. Will probably head back up into CO for the fall Aspen colors before heading home...2 months. We like trees and green so the Badlands are well named.

We will be at the Monaco International rally next week in Rapid City so will see if we are wrong the Badlands.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
[url=https://i.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No real suggestions, but I'm with zcookiemonstar. Drive to the farthest destination first and then mosey your way back home.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

RickLight

Washington

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

15 years ago the family took a month to Alaska. Incredible even in Sept.!

That's the trip that convinced us RVing would be great as soon as we could afford a good one.

Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/19 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Utah is a must any time, lots to see & do. OR/WA coast, CO mountains, every single state has things to see and do.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

dedmiston

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love all these great suggestions. Thanks everyone.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick_B wrote:

Adventure Caravans tour of the Great Western Parks takes the entire month of September starting in St. George, UT.

Wow! Some of those tours are pricey

Proud father of a US Marine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> If you had a month...?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.