cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

04 FS3000

JBomBer88
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 04 30 foot FS3000, does this year have the tongue / frame bending / cracking problem?
14 REPLIES 14

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
lincster wrote:
Yes, get the IOTA smart controller, assuming you still have the converter that Warrior put in originally.

Hey Linc. Wasn't the stock converter in these units an Iota?

I'd keep shopping. Might as well upgrade to a good inverter/charger while you're at it.

That is correct.
I still run the stock stuff, with the smart controller.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

JBomBer88
Explorer
Explorer
htwheelz67 wrote:
I have had an 04 fs3000 since 2009, mine had some wall sag and also the rear door frame pulling away, I had VIP rv do the frame strengthening and outriggers installed, is yours aluminum or fiberglass siding? The DLS-30 is stock. I've done a bunch of upgrades to mine (vinyl flooring,solar, RO water system, 2nd ac, residential fridge and icemaker, tv's,new stereo, outside speakers, rewired brakes and 16"LT tires and wheels coming, new faucets, shower valve, toilet, led lights and more)

Aluminum siding

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
I have had an 04 fs3000 since 2009, mine had some wall sag and also the rear door frame pulling away, I had VIP rv do the frame strengthening and outriggers installed, is yours aluminum or fiberglass siding? The DLS-30 is stock. I've done a bunch of upgrades to mine (vinyl flooring,solar, RO water system, 2nd ac, residential fridge and icemaker, tv's,new stereo, outside speakers, rewired brakes and 16"LT tires and wheels coming, new faucets, shower valve, toilet, led lights and more)

JBomBer88
Explorer
Explorer
So looking inside there is a IOTA DLS-30

Input voltage 108-132 VAC
Input watts - 500 watts
Input frequency - 50-60 ghz
Output voltz 13.4 VDC
Output amps - 30 amps

Did this come stock or aftermarket? Safe to plug in?

dedmiston
lincster wrote:
Yes, get the IOTA smart controller, assuming you still have the converter that Warrior put in originally.

Hey Linc. Wasn't the stock converter in these units an Iota?

I'd keep shopping. Might as well upgrade to a good inverter/charger while you're at it.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
I would leave something on when it is plugged in all the time.
Fridge or something.

For the roof, the front and rear seams, I would use Eternabond tape. Amazing stuff and won't crack like Dicor will over time.
I did that to both of my front and rear caps. 5 years and still looks great.

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
JBomBer88 wrote:
Also, I have it stored on the side of my garage, is it ok to keep it plugged into the house? mainly for lights and possibly AC if weโ€™re in there, fridge and freezer are off, has two 6V Trojan batteries, will keeping it plugged in harm then?

Check your converter. some of the old ones were not "smart" converters and will continue on trickle charge and boil the batteries. The newer converters should go into "maintenance" mode. Otherwise there's no problem leaving it connected. If you're concerned or not sure then just disconnect the batteries after they're charged. The converter will still run everything in the trailer.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

JBomBer88
Explorer
Explorer
Also, I have it stored on the side of my garage, is it ok to keep it plugged into the house? mainly for lights and possibly AC if weโ€™re in there, fridge and freezer are off, has two 6V Trojan batteries, will keeping it plugged in harm then?

JBomBer88
Explorer
Explorer
As for the roof, safe to use Dicor?

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Best advise is keep up on roof maintenance. If the wood gets wet problems are soon to follow.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

Y-Guy
Be sure to go through the WW Repairs in the main forum. Good info on WW units.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Correct the Superlite models were mostly affected. Sagging side walls were also a big problem on those trailers. Had an 04 Superlite and was nothing but problems.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
From what I remember most of the frame issues were in the lightweight line. I had an FS 2600 and had zero issues with the frame. I had several friends with FS3000's and they did OK as well.

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
They all have the potential.
I owned a 2002 FS3000 and never had an issue.
But I was careful when I went off road to make sure I wasn't bouncing the tongue really bad.
Just check all of the welds/joints for any cracks.
Awesome trailer.

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail