cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hubodometer

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I have been thinking of something to record the milage I put on my trailer tires. Just ran across something called a "hub odometer." Has anyone had experience with it---or any advice about other devices? Thanks.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
11 REPLIES 11

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
After doing a bit more research, I have decided that they weren't meant for us smaller guys. You have to specify the make and model of the tire and look up which model to purchase. The info isn't rhat easy to find, but after doing the lookup I discovered that my Goodyear Endurance T205/75 R15's aren't on the list. Would include the link to the data, but I've forgotten where it is. Sorry!:S
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Nv Guy wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
You would think with all the tech they are putting in newer trucks they could log trailer mileage.

My '17 F250 has that capability. If you have more than one trailer, it logs mileage info for each, you select what trailer you happen to be pulling that trip.

That has been available for about ten years.

GM must have missed the memo because my 7yr old Dmax does not
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
gemsworld wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Stemco-650-0598-Hubodometer-500/dp/B002D469TC

Thank you. I'll check it out.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Nv Guy wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
You would think with all the tech they are putting in newer trucks they could log trailer mileage.

My '17 F250 has that capability. If you have more than one trailer, it logs mileage info for each, you select what trailer you happen to be pulling that trip.

That has been available for about ten years.

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
they used to be called hubometers and have been around for many moons.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
N-Trouble wrote:

Community Alumni
Not applicable
https://www.amazon.com/Stemco-650-0598-Hubodometer-500/dp/B002D469TC

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
K Charles wrote:
Hub odometers work fine, many places sell them, etrailer for one.

This sounded like something I would like to have on my car hauler so I searched Etrailer and they show 0 results for a hub odometer. Can you provide a link to this product?
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Hub odometers work fine, many places sell them, etrailer for one.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi Art they have been used in the heavy truck transport industry for many moons. Check with your local heavy truck parts supplier to have a look at one and see if you can adapt a bracket to your trailerโ€™s wheel bolts/pattern.