Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: MN new laws August 1st
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> MN new laws August 1st

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
JALLEN4

SouthWest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

There's plenty of times that we move into the left lane because the right lane is terribly bumpy. The law keeping people out of the left lane is insane. I like the law in Arkansas, don't impede traffic in the left lane.

So that makes you somehow exempt from the law because you think your rig doesn't ride to your liking on certain roads? What is in fact insane is the thought that somehow we are above the law and it is ours to ignore!

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JALLEN4 wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

There's plenty of times that we move into the left lane because the right lane is terribly bumpy. The law keeping people out of the left lane is insane. I like the law in Arkansas, don't impede traffic in the left lane.

So that makes you somehow exempt from the law because you think your rig doesn't ride to your liking on certain roads? What is in fact insane is the thought that somehow we are above the law and it is ours to ignore!

So you just hang out in a bumpy unsafe lane because you think it safer? I also move to the left. When someone starts coming up I move over to let them pass then move back over. It's called common sense, I have it and use it.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JALLEN4 wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

Not insane, common sense. Rote obedience is ridiculous. Blindly obeying ordinances even when there's no good reason, is absurd. If there's no cars around, I will even cross the street against the light. How's that for being a scofflaw!

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

R12RTee

Full Timing with a home base in FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cops appear to be enforcing new law.

Texting law

2014 Tiffen Phaeton
2019 Ford Ranger FX/4 towed

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JALLEN4 wrote:

Personally, before leaving, I always try and remember to jump online and secure a personal exemption permit.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People don’t understand that window tint is NOT something covered by reciprocity either, just like vehicle length, trailer reg’s, overall length, etc., etc.

He stopped in a parking lot just before dusk for dinner and had a knock on the door, he opened the door to find half a dozen LEO’s. It turned out they had a vague description of a m/h and the occupants were seen drinking beer going down the road, he was the first (and right off the interstate) they came across.

They had a quick look and realized they had the wrong vehicle but also pointed out that his blacked out windows were illegal in that state and they could tell him he had to be towed out of state.

All they need is an excuse........

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

They had a quick look and realized they had the wrong vehicle but also pointed out that his blacked out windows were illegal in that state and they could tell him he had to be towed out of state.

Rather than towing, couldn’t he have just rolled the window down and left it that way until he was out of state? [emoticon]

JALLEN4

SouthWest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

JALLEN4 wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

Not insane, common sense. Rote obedience is ridiculous. Blindly obeying ordinances even when there's no good reason, is absurd. If there's no cars around, I will even cross the street against the light. How's that for being a scofflaw!

It is so heartening that we have so many "common sense" people who make up their own minds as to what is right and wrong. So grateful people can decide independently when obeying ordinances they disagree with is absurd. We seem to have a lot of that going on lately.

Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

irishtom29 wrote:

jplante4 wrote:

Why pass a law if no one will enforce it?

Because many people will obey the law and that in itself is beneficial.

Here's the problem with that. Those people become self-righteous and try to enforce the law themselves. A recent discussion about scofflaw cyclists is a good example of what can happen when laws are ignored.

It is not the job of LEOs to decide which laws are enforced. People that continually get away with doing wrong tend to tick off others who are obeying laws. Then they see a cop sitting at a donut shop and get stressed out even more.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JALLEN4 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

JALLEN4 wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

It is so heartening that we have so many "common sense" people who make up their own minds as to what is right and wrong. So grateful people can decide independently when obeying ordinances they disagree with is absurd. We seem to have a lot of that going on lately.
I'm curious what you do about the long-forgotten laws that are still on the books in places. Do you make sure you obey those too? What about Jim Crow laws? Don't forget to obey all of these:

In Cleveland it's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
Columbus archives say that it is illegal for stores to sell cornflakes on a Sunday.
In Ohio it's illegal to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
Oxford law states it is unlawful for a woman to appear in public while unshaven. This includes legs and face.

And don't forget "Ignorance of the law is no excuse".

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> MN new laws August 1st
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.