cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Gauge

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
After going through many inferior gauges, I have decided I need a good one---even if I have to spend a few dollars. Does anyone have experience with high quality gauges they are willing to share? Tnx.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
25 REPLIES 25

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I wound up getting a Milton Industries Exelair digital dual head pressure gauge. It has a long shank that allows you to read it without stooping too closely and the handle swivels to give youthe best view. Seems to operate well. Time will tell.

Thanks to all who offered advice.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Curly2001 wrote:
G.H. Meiser & Co., founded in 1906, has a long history of quality manufacturing in the tire gauge and accessory field. Known for their spot on precision and rugged construction, the Accu-Gage line of tire gauges is a standout in an often-unreliable field. All of our products come backed with our standard one year warranty, whether it be for replacement parts, or complete recalibration.

I would look at these guys. I have a couple of their gauges and they are very good. They have some that go to 160 PSI which are very accurate at 80 PSI
Curly

Different models. Some Made In China, some assembled with US and Foreign Parts and some 100% US Made.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
G.H. Meiser & Co., founded in 1906, has a long history of quality manufacturing in the tire gauge and accessory field. Known for their spot on precision and rugged construction, the Accu-Gage line of tire gauges is a standout in an often-unreliable field. All of our products come backed with our standard one year warranty, whether it be for replacement parts, or complete recalibration.

I would look at these guys. I have a couple of their gauges and they are very good. They have some that go to 160 PSI which are very accurate at 80 PSI
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Woodtroll
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the Accutire MS-4021B that Ski Pro 3 already posted. I have one in each vehicle I own, and one in my shop. I also have an old Milton truck slide-type gauge that I check the Accutires against, and have had no problems with any of them. A couple of them I have owned probably 10 years or more, and all they need is a battery change now and then. I also like that because they have an angled head, they have better leverage than most for holding them tight on the valve stem.

Good luck!
2003 F250XL 4WD 7.3L Crewcab LB, 6 speed; Prodigy brake controller; Big Tex grille guard/ deer deflector. Canoe hauler and camping truck extraordinaire!
2003 Layton 242 Scout- Extra batteries, solar panels, LED lighting, and propane for boondocking.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
ncscz wrote:
ALL TIRE SUPPLY - Professional Grade

AA DUAL STRAIGHT CHUCK SERVICE GAUGE (CALIBRATED/10-150 LBS)

I have one of those and use it, but in general prefer digital gauges.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double post, my fault.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
ALL TIRE SUPPLY - Professional Grade

AA DUAL STRAIGHT CHUCK SERVICE GAUGE (CALIBRATED/10-150 LBS)
CarriGo
Model 2320

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
But a 60 psi gauge won't do much good for E-rated truck tires inflated to 80 psi, even if it is made in USA.

Understood it was just an example.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
But a 60 psi gauge won't do much good for E-rated truck tires inflated to 80 psi, even if it is made in USA.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kamphiker wrote:
Currently my one to go is the Jaco Elite Pro Plus

It's accurate adaptable to various core angles and not expensive.

"Designed, engineered, and tested for quality and accuracy in the USA by our team of experts at our NIST and ANSI certified testing facility in Crystal Lake, IL."

And after all the smoke and mirrors it's still Made In CHINA.

Here is an alternate. Accu-Gage "M-Series" Professional Tire Pressure Gauge, 60 PSI, Made in USA

Kamphiker
Explorer
Explorer
Currently my one to go is the Jaco Elite Pro Plus

It's accurate adaptable to various core angles and not expensive.
2006 Winnebago Outlook WF324V
2009 Honda CR-V 2wd TOAD ......Campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains NP
Last Camping trip ->2011 SUMMER SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
p220sigman wrote:
BillyBob Jim wrote:
ependydad wrote:

I doubt affiliate links on forums are kosher for the forum moderators.

I have been trying to figure out just what is Kosher with some of the moderators on RVnet for awhile, especially on the around the campfire board where evidently most things are not Kosher. I think using the word Kosher may not be Kosher?

I gave up on figuring out the ATC board a while back. I've come to the conclusion that if you disagree with the position of the mod of that board, your response or the thread is deleted/closed. Now, I just shrug and move on. Most of the Mods are pretty conservative in the use of their power though and some (Tow Vehicles for instance) have the patience of a saint.

This thread is timely though as I'm currently looking for a new, more reliable, tire pressure gauge so I will be watching this one closely.

I hide ATC a long time ago. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don't see anything in that forum.

As for gauges, I have used this one for a couple of years. It jives with what my TST TPMS shows:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C556QQ/

More recently, I just switched to a DIYCO D3 inflater/gauge so that I could check the pressure as I fill more easily. It's a little finicky with getting the pressure, but it is quite accurate.
https://www.amazon.com/DIYCO-Inflator-Pressure-Extension-Motorcycle/dp/B01MRZVS2S/ref=sr_1_3?keyword...
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:
ependydad wrote:

I have been trying to figure out just what is Kosher with some of the moderators on RVnet for awhile, especially on the around the campfire board where evidently most things are not Kosher. I think using the word Kosher may not be Kosher?

I gave up on figuring out the ATC board a while back. I've come to the conclusion that if you disagree with the position of the mod of that board, your response or the thread is deleted/closed. Now, I just shrug and move on. Most of the Mods are pretty conservative in the use of their power though and some (Tow Vehicles for instance) have the patience of a saint.

This thread is timely though as I'm currently looking for a new, more reliable, tire pressure gauge so I will be watching this one closely.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote: